Chapter 20

There are no wrong turnings, only paths we had not known we were meant to walk.

•|•|•|•|•

At Aramide's house, she dressed up in preparation to go to the competition venue. She looked at her reflection in the mirror and sighed.

 She looked at her reflection in the mirror and sighed

This is not going to end well. I just know it, anything with King never ends well. Aramide thought pessimistically.

“Hey, where are you going?” Moyo asked.

Aramide turned to Moyo and typed on her phone. To the stupid competition King wants me to participate in.

“I am really sorry Ara. Can't you call the police or something?” Moyo asked, “ugh , what am I saying? That asshole bribed the police. The same scene will just repeat itself.”

I already signed that contract. I am trapped plus, it's better not to try King. Aramide typed, resigned to her fate. I just want to be over with this as soon as possible. Let's go.

“Okay” Moyo sighed and walked out with Aramide.

At the Uwem mansion, King dressed up. He looked into the mirror and nodded approvingly.

He seemed to be in a good mood

He seemed to be in a good mood. He thinks about Aramide and finds himself smiling.

“Ooh, why is my dear brother smiling like this this morning?” Sinach grinned as she poked her head in his room by the door.

King turned around, the smile disappearing. “It's nothing,” he brushed it off, “today we are briefing the contestants, it’s nothing much.” Sinach walked in.

“I guess so but, perchance…are you smiling because of a girl?” Sinach said, grinning and wiggling her eyebrows.

“Sinach, you know me. I wouldn't smile for anything trivial especially because of a girl” King denied, despite the obvious flinch when she said ‘girl’. “I can't talk, I am running late. Bye.”