Chapter 37

Anyone who said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.

•|•|•|•|•

Two days later, King was in his office, thinking about Aramide and how she laughed. He smiled and picked up his phone to call her. It took a while before Aramide answered the call.

“Hi” King heard Aramide's haggard voice.

He whispered “hi, I hope I am not disturbing you.”

“No, I am just tired from working. My break begins in an hour” Aramide said.

“Oh, then do you want to go out with me?” King asked.

“I can’t, I am tired and I have a gig this evening. I am sorry” Aramide apologized.

“It's okay. Rest and take care” King said.

“Bye” Aramide sighed.

“Okay, bye” King said and hung up. He sighed, looking disappointed and went back to his work.

Later, a knock on the door captured his attention. He frowned displeased, “Come in!”

Leon barged in, “hey King! Want to join me and the guys?”

“Oh what fun event do you want me to participate in?” King said in a sarcastic tone.

“Quit that tone” Leon said. “We are heading to the same club. Hoping to see new eye candy.”

“That's stupid.”

“You were once stupid and you still are so just join us” Leon retorted.

King glared at him, “shut up idiot.”

“Come on King. Things are much fun when you are around. You know the dancer the other day was interested in you.” Leon egged on.

“And you think I care, stop pestering me Leon” King said and turned away.

“Come with us King.”

“You are worse than Wesley.”

“King, get up. You act like you are forty.”

“Why do you want me so bad?”
“Get up.”

“stop being persistent Leon.”

“Let's go!”

“You aren't going to let this go are you?”

•|•|•

At a club, King walked in with his friends. He had a dark look on and he was crossing his arms. Leon laughed at him, “your expression is worth this.”

“Just shut up” King snapped and took a seat.

A man came on stage and began to announce. “Let’s applaud for the next performance. A dance by Queen!”

King raised an eyebrow. ‘Queen?’ He thought.

The room darkened and the spotlight shone on the stage. Aramide appeared and began to dance. King sat up in surprise. “Wow, she is hot” one of King's\Leon's friends whistled. King stared at him in disbelief.