Chapter 7

If I had my life to live again,I'd find you sooner.

•|•|•|•|•

After all the contestants performances, the contestants stood before the judges.

"You all did marvellously well but, not everyone can stay" Mrs Temitope said impressed.

"Nonso, Halimah and Praise...you are eliminated" Mr Ejiofor said and the three children eliminated looked sad.

Soon, the show ended and the children changed backstage. "Good job Ara" Shalom said happily and hugged Aramide.

"Thank you" Aramide smiled relieved, "I was so nervous. Thank goodness I am still in the competition."

"A true champion doesn't get nervous over winning if he trusts his ability" King said coolly and Aramide and Shalom turned to him. He walked to them in slow steps.

"I am a champion and I know I am going to win this" King said confidently.

"You sound like a Mama's boy" Shalom said and he glared at her.

"Listen, don't get too cocky" Aramide said competitively, "I am going to win this competition. No matter what."

"We will see about that" King said, looking her in the eye. "you should stick to what you are good at. I am going to make this competition hell for you. I am going to win, not you loser." Aramide and Shalom are surprised and watched King walk away.

"Well,that was weird" Shalom said.

Aramide looked at her, "weird?! He just kind of threatened me. I can't believe it, he is such a bully."

"I can't believe you admired him but look on the bright side, he considers you a competition,a problem on his path to win. That means you are good" Shalom pointed out optimistically.

Aramide sees Shalom's point. "You are right. It's a good thing I am stubborn. I am not giving up with or without a fight."

Aramide goes to meet her mom and Moyo. "You did great Ara" Moyo said proudly.

"Thank you" Aramide smiled and hugged Moyo.

Sandra hugged her, "I am proud of you honey, so proud". Aramide smiled more.

The next day, Aramide arrived to the contest building/venue and went to the room designated for her practice to practice her new routine.

An hour later, Aramide came out of the room with the intention of going to see Shalom when a bucket of bleach fell on her.

She screamed alarmed and some mean children laugh. Tom, Chiamaka and Shalom run to her. Aramide is frozen with shock. Her face expressed shock and disbelief

"Ara! What happened to you?" Shalom asked worried. She looked at Aramide's wet form.

"I. have no idea" Aramide said, shutting her eyes in shock. She opened her eyes and found King smirking at her. Her jaw dropped in shock.

The backstage crew of the show rushed to Aramide. "What happened to you? How did that bucket fall?" A crew member asked.

"I don't know" Aramide said.

"Come with me" another crew member said, "i will help you change."

Minutes later, Aramide came to her practice room and saw Tom, Shalom and Chiamaka waiting for her.

"I don't want to talk about it" Aramide said sourly. Shalom gave her a look and she started ranting. "Where on Earth did instant bleach come from?! And now my clothes are bleached. Soon my hair and skin might bleach. When I get a hold of King, I will–"