Chapter 40

And if you are ever feeling lonely, just look at the starry sky. Someone, somewhere is looking right at it too.

•|•|•|•|•

Ken and the man sat opposite each other. The man sipped from his drink and faced Ken. "King was getting suspicious, luckily he didn't pursue it" he said.

"Okay, what information have you discovered?" Ken asked.

"Here it is, the file. Currently, your children are staying with the Uwem's since their home burnt down" the man said. Ken took the file and went through it.

"Thank you, here's the cash" Ken said and tossed the cash to the man. The man nodded as he counted the wad of cash.

Ken got up and left.

The next day at Uwem mansion. In the kitchen, Aramide put all the ingredients she needed to make food. King and Sinach came in.

"Hey Ara, what are you doing?" Sinach asked.

"I want to cook" Aramide replied.

"You know you're still hurt right?" King pointed out.

Aramide shrugged, "yes but I am tired of sitting down all day. If I can't dance then I better do something."

Sinach sat on a stool in the kitchen and King leaned on the wall. "I have an idea. Why don't you and King have a cook off. It will be so fun" Sinach suggested.

"A cook off? King can cook?" Aramide raised an eyebrow.

King chuckled nervously, scratching the back of his head. "Yes, I can." He answered.

Aramide frowned at him then hit his chest with an impressed smile. King grunted. "Why didn't you mention it?" Aramide scolded.

"I didn't think it was important" King grunted, rubbing his aching chest.

"You're right. I bet your cooking isn't even good. It is an insult to be challenged to a cook off against him" Aramide said, tilting her head up proudly but she was only baiting him.

"Really, it's a bet then" King said competitively.

"If I win, you will do me a huge favor" Aramide smirked.

"And if I win, you will be like my personal maid and assistant for a week" King said.

"Deal" Aramide said and they shook hands. King wore an apron and Aramide giggled. She took a picture.

"What did you do? Did you take a photo?! Don't you dare keep it!" King exclaimed and tried to take Aramide's phone.

"Quit it King. Just start cooking, we don't have all day" Sinach whined. King huffed at her and left Aramide. They took the ingredients they need for the meals they want to make.

"Just so you know, the food you should cook shouldn't take up to three to four hours" Sinach said.

"Okay" King and Aramide agreed.

"Are you ready?" Sinach asked. King and Aramide nod and smirk at each other.

"Start!"

Aramide and King got started. Soon, Moyo walked in and saw King and Aramide cooking. "What's going on?" Moyo asked. He took a bite out of an apple.

"King and Aramide are having a cook off" Sinach answered, looking excited.

"Cool, who is the judge?"

"Me."

"I like food. I want to be a judge" Moyo said.

"I doubt you have the gift of being a judge. You like everything" Sinach responded.