Chapter 46

The worst kind of sad is not being able to explain why.

•|•|•|•|•

Aramide returned to her room. She laid down on the bed and stared at the ceiling. She sniffed, "I can't do this anymore. I feel so drained. King always makes me feel this way. Emotionally broken." She recalled King and Ivana together.

"Why do I feel so sad?" She added as a tear dropped from her eyes. She sat up and a paper on her desk caught her eye. She got up and took it.

I don't like seeing you like this baby. Don't be upset or else I will be. This is all King's fault. I promise he will pay.

Aramide gasped, "Oh my God!." She rushed downstairs with the note and found King and his family there.

"King! King!" Aramide shouted, gaining their attention. "Look at this."

King took the note and read it. Sam walked to King and read the note in King's hands. "How is the person getting into our house?!" Sam exclaimed angrily, "I need to get more security. I will let the police know about this development."

Sam brought out his phone and talked to the police while Aramide hyperventilated. King noticed and rubbed circles on her back.

"Calm down, breathe. We'll catch this person" King consoled her.

"He said he will hurt you. What if he does?" Aramide worried, "this person is obviously a psycho. I wonder what he'll do to me."

"Calm down. I promised you I wouldn't let anything happen to you. I intend to fulfill my promise" King said, staring deep into her eyes.

Aramide smiled at him, "thank you."

•|•|•

A few days later, Aramide had resumed her work and began to save to move out. In the evening, Aramide returned home and saw Vivian and Ivana discussing.

"Good evening ma" Aramide greeted.

"Good evening Ara" Vivian smiled, "how was work?"

"Hectic but I am okay" Aramide forced a smile. She noticed Ivana staring at her. She forced a smile and waved, "hi."

"Hi" Ivana smiled in response.

"Excuse me" Aramide said and headed for the stairs just as King was coming down. King looked at her but she ignored him and went upstairs.

"Hey baby" Ivana said enthusiastically.

"Hey" King answered, with less enthusiasm. He and Ivana walked out of the house together.

"Baby, why does Aramide live here? I also saw a boy here and he doesn't seem to be your family member. Who is he?" Ivana asked curiously.

"They were involved in an accident and they lost their house so we offered to let them stay here. They are like family" King explained.

"Okay, what about their parents?" Ivana asked.

"They lost their parents a long time ago. Aramide is an upcoming musician and dancer. Her brother Moyo is still in the university" King answered.

"Oh, wow" Ivana nodded, "that's good for her."

"Why did you ask?" King asked her.

"I was just curious" she replied and smiled, holding King's arm.

Later, Aramide came downstairs and went to the kitchen. She saw the cook preparing to cook and smiled. "Blessing, Is there anything I can help with?" Aramide asked.