Chapter 14

Falling in love with the wrong person is tragic when the right person is just next to you.

•|•|•|•|•

The semester ends (which is Aramide's second year and King's third year) and Adam & Aramide hang out over the holiday.

By the time the university resumed, Adam and Aramide were officially dating. Despite this, King and Aramide keep on pranking each other. Not those toxic pranks but pranks nonetheless.

Aramide and Vera were talking. “I knew you and Adam would end up dating” Vera teased.

Stop it. Aramide typed and covered her face shyly. She peeked at Vera through the space between her fingers and Vera laughed at her friend’s shyness.

“Who knew King's cruelty to you would be a blessing.” Vera said in thought, “Adam ended up being your knight in shining armour.”

Yeah, Adam is such a nice guy and I really like him. Aramide typed. She propped her head up with her fist, her elbow resting on the table. She smiled lovestruck.

“I am so happy for you. I just hope King doesn't ruin your relationship with Adam” Vera said.

He tried once, Adam didn't fall for it. Aramide typed. He dare not try it again though because I will make sure he pays if he does.

“That Adam...he is a keeper” Vera said nodding and Aramide nodded agreeing with her.

Later, In Adam's hostel. Adam and Aramide are sitting together on the couch watching a movie. Aramide looked interested in the movie but Adam just stared at her.

Adam kissed her cheek neatly and Aramide looked at him and smiled. Adam smiled back and she looked back at the TV. Adam stared at her then started trailing kisses from her neck to her shoulders.

Aramide looked Adam again with a lost look in her eyes. Adam leaned closer and kissed her. Aramide responded to the kiss and it turned to a full make out session. Adam kissed her neck and shoulders and laid her down on the couch. His hands went up her top and Aramide snapped out of whatever trance she was put under.

She looked at him hesitantly. Adam didn’t look happy but he hid it well. “What is it?” Adam asked.

Aramide picked up her phone and typed. What were you doing Adam? You were going past your boundary.

“Really? That small thing?” Adam asked in disbelief. He saw Aramide looking at him strangely and sighed. “I am sorry Ara, I just...” Adam said. He placed his hand on her cheek and looked at her tenderly, “...I got carried away...but don't you think it's time that we...sleep together. We are dating so it's not bad.”

I can't do that Adam, it goes against all my ethics. Aramide typed on her phone. She looked away upset. She couldn’t understand why Adam was bringing that up. What business did their relationship have with s*x? It’s not like they were married.

“I'm sorry, I understand” Adam apologized dryly, “don't be mad, let's watch another movie okay?” Aramide nodded.

Later, Aramide was in her hostel. She seemed to be thinking of something. Vera watched her subtly and noticed her mood.

“What's wrong?” Vera asked. Aramide turned and looked at Vera. She looked hesitant to reply. Um, Adam said...suggested we sleep together. I told him I can't and now, I can't stop thinking about what he said.

“Really?” Vera exclaimed, “well, nowadays it's normal for your boyfriend to want to sleep with you but if you don't want to, he can't force you.”