Chapter 39

There's something about you I am scared to lose because I know, I won't find it in anyone else.

•|•|•|•|•

At the hospital, in Aramide's ward. King walked in and saw Moyo talking to Aramide. They looked worried. “What's the matter?” he asked.

“We realize that we lost everything we owned in that fire. Our property, money, clothes” Aramide said. “And Moyo has nowhere to stay.”

“I will just sleep with a friend tonight” Moyo said.

“No, you can stay at my house” King said.

“Your house? As in a guest?” Moyo asked unsure.

“Sure, till you and Aramide are able to recover from the loss. You can stay at my house” King offered.

“I am not sure about that idea. What will your family says?” Aramide said.

“You guys are the children of my dad's friend. He loves you guys. There is no way he will refuse” King assured them.

Moyo turned to Aramide, “it’s a better choice.”

Aramide sighed in defeat, “okay...thank you King.”

King smiled, “it's nothing.”

Later, in the evening. King talked to his family after showing Moyo his room. “Sometimes I wonder if you are just stupid or crazy” Sam scolded angrily. “you jumped into a burning house! What if you had gotten seriously hurt?!”

“But I didn't. I am perfectly fine” King defended.

“I am not even going to ask how and why you did that because I am exhausted” Sam said exasperated and took a deep breath. “How is Aramide?”

“She is fine but she has to stay at the hospital for a few days” King answered.

“The poor girl” Vivian said sympathetically. “She has been through so much in her life.”

“That is why I would like her and her brother to stay here with us while they recover” King said.

“They can. She needs proper rest and care if she wants to heal” Sam said. “she is more than welcome here.”

“Thanks Dad” King smiled.

Two days later, Aramide put aside a bouquet of flowers that Victor brought her. “I heard that you will be staying at King Uwem's house” he said.

“Who told you?”

“Moyo did. You didn't tell me you guys were that close” Victor said. He stared at her.

“Our parents were close friends and we are very close” Aramide explained.

“Ara, I know what King did to you” Victor said tentatively. “he has hurt you so much. How come you are so.... nice to him?”

“Everyone should stop asking me that” Aramide grunted frustrated. “The enmity between King and I caused me pain because I refused to forgive and let go. Even though King made mistakes, he made up for them. He saved me Victor, at the cost of his own life.”

“Do you really trust him?” Victor asked.

“I do. He is...” Aramide furrowed her eyebrows. “...I never thought I would say this, he is a good guy. He just had a sad childhood misunderstanding.”

“Okay, if you trust him so much” Victor said reluctantly and Aramide smiled.

The next day, Aramide was discharged and King and his family brought her home. In Aramide's new room (Katherine's old room). King and Sinach helped Aramide to the bed.