Chapter 4

There is always that one person you had feelings for since you first met them.

•|•|•|•|•

In Aramide's room,she can't sleep. She sighs and wants to enter her mom's room but she overhears Sandra's conversation.

"...I can't leave just yet. Ken's case is coming up and–" Sandra said to someone over the phone.

"...mom, please don't talk about that now. He is still the father of my children and I can't leave just yet because of Aramide and Moyo have to finish their school term" Sandra said in one breath "I will find somewhere to stay...okay, bye mom".

Sandra put her hand on her head and groans. She shut her eyes and sighed. "Why did you do this Ken? Why?".

"So...it's true" Aramide said in a small voice.

Sandra turned and is surprised. "Ara...".

Aramide begins to cry and goes to Sandra. "Daddy is really a kidnapper?"

"No,no. It isn't true" Sandra said, shaking her head but Aramide sobs.

"Yes it is, stop lying. Daddy kidnapped Gloria's sister, how could he?" Aramide cried, "everyone hates me and treat me like an outsider".

Sandra hugs her and tries not to cry. "He didn't mean for any of this to happen. He just wanted you to be happy and comfortable" Sandra cries. They cry together.

•|•|•

A month later,At the court of law,the case of Ken and the kidnappers are judged and they are sentenced to 12 years imprisonment.

Sandra cries as she hears the verdict.

A few days later, Sandra comes to see Ken in the prison. She lets him talk to the children on phone.

"....Aramide hates me" Ken sighed.

"It shouldn't be that way, unfortunately it couldn't be avoided" Sandra said not looking at him. Ken noticed and held her hand but she pulled away.

"What is going on Sandra?" Ken asked fearfully.

"I am leaving Lagos Ken and I am not coming back" Sandra said still not looking at him. Ken is shocked.

"No,you can't leave. What about my children? I need to hear from them,see them" Ken said worried.

"That cannot be arranged. Ken, Aramide has been affected by this and staying in Lagos makes her sad" Sandra said, "we have to leave".

"What about me?" Ken asked in disbelief.

Sandra got up, "I am sorry Ken but I am leaving. I can't stay here, because of you,I have been humiliated, Ara has been scarred....leaving is the best option I have". Sandra walked away slowly. She avoids the tears that gather in her eyes.

"You can't leave! Sandra! Sandra!" Ken shouts but Sandra ignores him and leaves.

Months later, in Cross River/Calabar state. Aramide and a girl her age are walking down the street. Aramide laughs at the girl.

"I am not joking Ara!" The girl exclaimed, "I wish Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory was real. What I wouldn't give to have it?"

"Keep dreaming Shalom,it isn't real so you can forget about it" Aramide said, "so do you want to come over tomorrow?".

"I can't, My dad will be working at his new job in a talent show. It is a kids got talent show" Shalom said excitedly.

"Really?!how come you are just telling me about this now?!" Aramide yelled upset.