Chapter 17

Although we are far away from each other, we share the same sky, the same destiny.

•|•|•|•|•

At Caleb international School, Aramide was done teaching her class and sat on a chair at the corner of the room. A small boy wearing the school uniform walked to her. Aramide looked at him and smiled. She raised an eyebrow questioningly.

“Miss Aramide, thank you for teaching me how to dance” the boy said shyly and gave Aramide a card. On the card is written:

I love you so much my favorite teacher. Thank you.

Aramide mouthed ‘aww’ and hugged him. She picked up her phone and typed. Thank you for your kind words Nonso. I appreciate it.

It took some time for Nonso to read it. “You are like my uncle...only nicer and prettier” Nonso replied, “and you dance like my uncle too, but you are better.”

Aramide laughed and nodded. She gestured for him to go and he nodded in understanding. “Okay, bye miss Aramide” Nonso said waving and ran out. Aramide waved back at him.

Outside the school, Nonso waited for his parents and soon a brown skinned woman walked to him. Nonso saw her and grinned. “Mommy!” Nonso ran to hug the woman.

“My baby, I missed you so much. How was your day?” The woman asked.

“Good, where is daddy? Is he at work?” Nonso asked.

The woman shook her head, “no, he is here. In fact he is waiting for us, come.” The woman took Nonso to a car parked outside and put him in the backseat while she sat at the front seat next to the driver.

“Hello my prince! How are you?” Nonso's dad asked with a grin.

“Good daddy” Nonso answered with a smile. Nonso's dad started the car and drove. “Daddy, I am now the best dancer in my class!” Nonso beamed.

“Really? Did King teach you?” Nonso's dad scoffed. “It's not like he would even bother talking to you.” he added muttering.

“Don't ruin your mood Stanley” his wife said calmly.

“No, uncle didn't teach me. My dance teacher did, miss Aramide. She is the best, she is even better than uncle" Nonso said innocently.

“Wow. If King heard that, he would freak” Stanley chuckled.

“The only problem is that she can't talk” Nonso said.

“She can't talk? Why would they hire her if she can't talk?” Nonso's mom complained, “how does she control the children?”

“She doesn't give warnings because she can't talk so once you do anything bad, you get punished immediately.” Nonso explained. His mother still didn’t look comfortable with it.

“Okay. If she is good at her job, it's okay” Nonso's mom said. She stayed quiet until she thought of something. “Honey? Why don't we help Nonso's dance teacher...miss Aramide to enter the upcoming dance competition?”

“Mimi, no. I don't want to be involved in anything that King does,” Stanley grunted, “you know how King gets.”

“We are not doing this for King” Mimi said, “we are doing this for Nonso's teacher.”