Chapter 36

Sometimes, you can't let go of what's making you sad because it was the only thing that made you happy.

•|•|•|•|•

Aramide walked to the backyard dazed from seeing King. It felt so surreal. In her daze, she bumped into Vera.

"Hey, finally, you came with the tray" Vera said, taking the tray from her. Aramide absentmindedly gave Vera the tray and Vera finally noticed Aramide was acting weird.

"Is everything alright?" Vera asked worried.

"It...it was really him" Aramide said slowly, coming back to her senses. Her lips morphed into happy smile.

"Him? What are you talking about?" Vera asked confused.

"King, I saw King. I have to talk to him" Aramide said happily.

"For real?! That's great" Vera said excitedly. She quickly frowned, "wait hold on, I thought you hated him."

"I can't explain Vera. Leave me" Aramide pulled away from Vera and ran back to the party area. She searched around for King.

Meanwhile King returned to his family. "Um, are you done with the ceremony?" he asked looking a bit anxious. "you know what, forget that. I have to go."

"Go where? you don't have any work today so where are you going?" Mimi asked upset.

"Mimi is right" Vivian supported and stared at King expectantly.

"You won't understand. I am leaving" King said and began to walk away, ignoring everyone's calls. He was too late, as he was about to leave, he was confronted by Aramide.

She stood in front of him and he froze. Aramide walked to him slowly and surprised him but hugging him. "King..." She sighed. "I'm so glad to see you."

King stared at her surprised and stunned. "What?" he said in disbelief. Aramide pulled away and stared at King's stunned face.

"I can't believe it's really you" Aramide grinned and stared appraisingly at him. King stared at her stunned to hear her sweet voice.

"I can't believe I am hearing your voice" King said stunned. Aramide just chuckled and hugged him again.

She pulled away and looked down embarrassed. King stared at her like she wasn't real. "Sorry, I am just really happy to see you." Aramide apologized sheepishly. "I thought I would never see you again."

"Why?...why are you happy to see me?" King said pained. "I know how much you hate me so why are you saying this?". Aramide and King looked down reliving all those memories.

"I don't hate you King." Aramide said quietly. "I said those things because...I was angry, I was frustrated. So many bad things had happened to me and I felt it was because of you."

"But it is true, it was all my fault. I ruined your life so much that I deserve your hatred" King said upset. "that is why I left, so your life wouldn't be so frustrating."

"You are a huge part of my life. Do you have any idea how I felt being away from you?" Aramide said warmly. "I felt so incomplete. You are such an important person in my life and despite the challenges we had faced to get here....I still view you as someone important to me."

Aramide began to cry. "I felt so bad that I blamed you for everything. You tried to make amends but I didn't listen to you." She sniffed, "please listen to me, I want you back to my life. That is what I want and It means so much to me to tell you how I feel."

Aramide cried and King stared at her sadly. Aramide sniffed, "I felt so sad that you left because all my life I have been left alone. My dad left me then my mom...then you. You were the only thing that was constant in my life after my brother and Shalom and....I can't explain the feeling I got when you left...."