Chapter 32

It hurts when you have someone in your heart, but you can't have them in your arms.

•|•|•|•|•

At the Uwem mansion, the entire family gathered. King sat with his hands covering his face while his father loomed over him angrily. “Did you do this King?” Sam asked angrily.

“Why would I do it?!” King stood up yelling. “I am not as evil as you think!”

“Please” Stanley rolled his eyes scoffing.

King looked angry, “I didn't do it! Aramide and I were already friends. We had sorted out our differences. I would never do anything like that!”. Sinach held his shoulder, shooting him a believing look and he relaxed. He sighed and sat back down frustrated.

“I believe King, he wouldn't ruin his image or Aramide's just for...the sake of nothing” Sinach said boldly.

“Thank you” King muttered. “But now Aramide hates me more than before. How do I convince her I had nothing to do with this? She doesn’t want to see my face.”

“You should have a press conference” Vivian suggested. “you should clear the confusion before people start harassing Aramide.”

“You are right....I also want to find who created that video and make them pay” King said determined.

“Don't worry, I am on that” Wes said

At Aramide's house, Aramide laid on bed numbly. Shalom and Moyo stared at her worried. “Do something Aramide, cry, curse King, do anything” Shalom pleaded, “but please don’t stay like this.”

Shalom's pleas went on deaf ears as Aramide didn’t move. “Whoever created this video uploaded it to the internet. How dare they?” Moyo fumed.

Shalom stared at Moyo sadly. “I will make King pay. That bastard! He is the cause of everything that is happening” Moyo fumed. “We never should have trusted him. I bet that bastard is satisfied now that he has caused this mess.”

“Moyo! Don't say that” Shalom scolded. “Please, don't make things worse.”

Aramide typed. Can you leave me alone please?. I want to be alone.

Shalom and Moyo looked worried but left. Later, Aramide checked her messages and only opened the ones from King.

Can we talk please?

Are you okay ara?

Tell me please.

We need to talk

Ara please, reply.

Aramide began to type a response. What do you want?

King replied immediately. I have an idea to clear the misunderstanding but I can't do this alone. I need your help, will you help me? I want to this for you.

Aramide looked up quietly in thought.

Three days later, King called a press conference and everyone eagerly watched it. King's and Aramide's friends and families watched it.

“Mr. Uwem, are the rumors true?” A reporter asked.

“Are you and Aramide Alordiah really in a relationship or did she offer herself to you in order to win?”

“Are you denying the video is real?”

“Listen, the video is fake and whoever said that nonsense is a schemer, a defamer who is trying to ruin mine and Aramide Alordiah's image” King said boldly. “it is true Aramide and I knew each other before the competition but that doesn't mean anything. She is just my friend. She didn't offer herself to me. In fact she is a very upright girl. She is not like that. Her team won because she and her teammates are talented and hard-working people. When I find the person who made this video, I will sue that person. The person will pay.”