Daniel Thrasher x reader: pinky promise?

Y/N POV

-Daniel, where's the ice? I ask as I look into our shared freezer.
-Oh... uhmmm..... he answers from the couch.

Me and Daniel are roommates (oh my god, they were roommates!), yep, you heard right; Rommmates! (Oh my god, they were)- ok, stop.
We've been sharing this 3 room apartment for about 7 months now. You might be asking if 3 rooms isn't a bit too small. Nope, it's just right. We each have our own bedrooms, that's two. Then we have a room with boxes and stuff we can't have laying around, and at last, a conjoined kitchen and living room... aka, Daniel's work space. Daniel plays piano for a living, but he also makes hilarious piano videos for YouTube. And now... the ice is gone.

I close the freezer and cross my arms and look amused at the stammering man.
-I kinda... used it all for a YouTube video while you were at work...? He says. I snicker.
-Why didn't you tell me beforehand? I could've gotten more ice! I say.
-Now I have to drink my homemade ice tea without ice! I jokingly scold. Daniel shrugs and smirks.
-Sorry... my apologies, he says and dramatically bows from the couch. I sigh and drink from my ice tea.
-Meh.... It's not the same without ice, I say and pour it in the sink.
-I'm gonna go to bed early now, so please wear your headphones if you're gonna play any Bach again, I say and head for the stairs.
-I will, roomy, he says.
-Goodnight roomy! I shout from the top of the stairs.
-Goodnight! I hear back. I shake my head, amused and head straight for bed.

Later:
I wake up in a cold sweat as the images flash by. I cry and begin to sob loudly into the open.
My breathing is uneven and my vision is turning blurry. I hear someone then run up the stairs and I crawl towards the headboard of the bed in a panic. My bedroom door opens and Daniel stands there, confused.
-What happened? What going on? He asks stressed. Anger begins boiling in me.
-Why did you do that!? You scared the hell out of me! I say and start crying, because of the nightmare again. He looks concerned at me and walks towards the bed.
-Y/N... that's not why you're crying.. he says. I shake my head and sob louder. He throws his arms around me and runs circles on my back as I lean on his shoulder and cry. I shake in his arms, and comforts me silently.

When I finally stop shaking, I pull away and try to stop crying.
-Do you....? He asks. I nod. He heaved up his legs in the bed and shows me that he's ready to listen.
-I had a nightmare... I say and the images flash by again. Daniel nods and grabs my hand in comfort.
-And... there was a car crash, and I.... I needed to get to the hospital with life threatening wounds.... and they sent me home with pain killers... so my family found a black market doctor, that could save my life... and.... I say and start shaking again. I sniffle.
-And he didn't.... he took my body parts, without any anesthesia and just... SOLD THEM on the black market! And it was so terrifying and and, I didn't, I couldn't, I- I stammer and begin sobbing again. Daniel leans forward and hugs me.
-It's ok... I wouldn't let that happen to you, ever... he says. I sniffle and look at him.
-You promise? I ask. He nods.
-Pinky promise? I ask and hold out my finger. He smiles softly, sending butterflies into my body, and hooks his pinky through mine.
-Pinky promise... he says.

-What were you doing before you ran up? I ask when I've finally stopped crying.
-I was just practicing some chords and songs on the piano, he says. I nod.
-What time is it? I ask. Daniel doesn't answer, so I glare at him, knowing that he did something stupid.
-.... Daniel? I ask warningly.
-It's.... 3:30 am... he says. My eyes widen.
-Daniel, go to bed! I say demandingly. He chuckles sheepishly and stand sup from the bed.
-Alright... only if you promise to go back to sleep, he says. I nod.
-I promise, I say and hold out my pinky again. He hooks his pinky through mine again, before walking out, closing the door behind him.

I lay back down on the bed and fall asleep, dreaming about Daniel....

...... Did I mention that we were roommates....?

The next morning:
I wake up to a happy melody playing downstairs. I sit up and put on a robe over my pajamas. Then I walk to the stairs and look over the railing down at Daniel playing the piano. Then I notice the camera beside him. Then he stops playing and looking up at me.
-Good morning roomy! He says and smiles. I smile back.
-Good morning! I say and walks down the rest of the stairs. Daniel scrambles up and walks to the kitchen.
-I made you some tea and some cut up fruit... I thought that you might like it, he says and turns pink in the face. I smile back at him.
-I do. Thank you, Daniel, I say. He nods and helps me make toast.

He eats breakfast with me.
-So, how was the rest of your sleep? He asks. I turn pink, remembering that the thought of him caring about me was the thing that lulled me to sleep.
-It was... peaceful, I say. Daniel nods.
-So, uh... wanna see me make the rest of my video? He asks. I light up inside and nod.

During the next... hour or so, I watch him make funny faces and funny voices and play nice tunes. It was really fun watching him work. He looked so happy when he watched the clip again and it turns out exactly how he wants it.
The last scene was him making a made up tune and staring intensely at the piano. I had to cover my mouth to stop my laugh from taking over the clip. When he's done, he looks over at me and smiles. I applaud and walk over to him.
-That was the best thing I've ever seen! I say laughing. He just smiles at me.
-Wow... I love you... he suddenly says, making my laugh falter. He turns red in embarrassment, but looks at me, none the less.
-W-what? I ask.
-I... Love. You, he clarifies and turns around in the piano bench. I turn quiet and just stare down at him.
-I know you like me too... I've seen it in the way you act towards compared to your other guy friends... he says seriously. I feel my face heat up and I look away. It becomes quiet.
-Y/N? Daniel asks.

Tears start building up in my throat. I take a shaky breath.
-You weren't supposed to know... I say, a tear gliding down my cheek.
-Why? He asks curiously. I sniff.
-Because were roommates... and I... I don't wanna destroy our relationsh-Eh, friendship, I correct myself.
-Y/N... you're not destroying anything, he says and smiles again. I look to him again.
-I'm not? I ask.
-No? I- I like you too... and even though we're roommates, we'll find a way for it to work, he says. I laugh.
-It sounds ridiculous when you say it like that, I say. He chuckles.
-It does, doesn't it? He asks. I nod and we become quiet.

We stare into each other's eyes. I notice some light brown freckles in his eye, that I didn't notice before.
-Can I kiss you? He asks. I just look down at his expectant eyes. I nod.
-Yeah... yeah, you can kiss me Daniel, I say. I lean down and he meets me halfway. I put a hand on his cheek, and he does the same. When we pull apart, he smiles like a goof.
-Wow... you kiss very good, he says. I giggle.
-Thank you... so do you, I say.
-You're so pretty... he awes. I blush.
-You're very handsome, I compliment. He blushes.
-Do you know we got all of this on camera? He says, still looking into my eyes. I roll my eyes and grab the front of his shirt.
-Shut up and kiss me, I demand.
He does as I say and kisses me again.

He stands up in the kiss and puts his hands on my waist. I put my hands on his chest as the kiss continues on.

When we pull apart.
-Daniel... just promise me one thing? I say. He nods.
-Promise you'll never break my heart? I say. He smiles and gently caress my cheek with his hand.
-I promise, he says.
-Pinky? I say and hold out my pinky in between us.
-Pinky promise, he says and hooks his pinky through mine.

-....... I can just imagine everyone commenting "oh my god, they were roommates!" On this video already, I laugh.

And they did... all 1.48 million of them.....