Draco Malfoy x reader: Soulmates 2

Y/N POV

It had gone maybe two days since the dance lesson and I'm sitting in the library with Hermoine.
-Ok, so let me get this straight... He danced with you and asked you out because his parents told him to? Hermoine asks. I nod.
-Yep, I say, opening my charms book.
-Why would they say that? I mean... you're a muggleborn and his parents are crazy pure bloods.... Why you??? She asks. I sigh and look around. No student was there snooping in on our conversation.
-Ok, I can tell you why, but you have to keep quiet about this.... I whisper. She nods. I look around once more before uncovering my arm, showing his name clearly on my wrist. Hermoine gasps and I quickly cover it again.
-You're joking me? She says. I shake my head.
-So his parents don't know you're a muggleborn? She asks. I shrug.
- I don't know... probably not... But like I said, you can't tell anyone! The only one who knows is you and Neville, so you have to be quiet, I say. Hermoine nods frantically.

Three more days pass by and it's a weekend. Me and Neville is at the three broomsticks and just talking, because I didn't know what to do.
-What do I do? Do I say yes? Do I... ignore him? I say. Neville smiles kindly at me.
-We could go together if you don't wanna go alone, Neville says. I smile back at him.
-No thanks... besides, I know someone who would like to go with you to the Yule ball! I say. Neville looks confused at me.
-Who? He asks. I laugh.
-God Neville, you can be so bloody thick! Ginny! I say, motioning out the window where Ginny and her friends are laughing at a stupid joke.
-As friends, right? He asks. I chuckle.
-Sure, I say. Neville smiles.
-Nice! He says. I frown again.
-But what do I do? I mean, I can't just- My sentence gets interrupted by the bell ringing and a familiar blonde boy walks in. He walks inside with his goons and Pansy clinging to his arm and they sit in a booth far from me and Neville. I lower my voice, just to be safe.
- I can't just say: Yeah, sure love, lets go and party! Why not have a wedding ceremony too? I say and look at Neville seriously. Neville laugh at me.
-Look Y/N, do you want to go with him? He asks. I sway my head from side to side.
-I do... but I'm scared of him, I say.
-I'm scared that our relationship will go to shit, I say and fiddle with my fingers in my lap. Neville looks sympathetically at me.
-Why Don't you... lay down some ground rules? He suggests. I nod.
-Yeah... yeah that a great idea... Thank you Neville, I say. Neville nods and we continue to enjoy each other's company in silence.

The same night at dinner I had talked this through with some close friends from my own house. They told me that it would go great and that they supported me no matter what. I nod and take a deep inhale as I stand up and head over to the opposite side of the hall, to the Slytherin table. I stand beside Draco and clear my throat. He looks up at me, confused.
-Can we talk? I ask. He nods. A couple of people were looking weirdly at me.
-Privately? I add. He nods and stands up. His goons stand up beside him. I look nervously at Draco. He sees it and look at them.
-Sit down, I can do stuff on my own, he says and sit back down. He looks at me to lead the way. I walk maybe two, three corridors down to an empty corridor and stop by one of the castles large windows.
We stand quietly for a while, before the quietness eats me and I burst.
-I will go to the Yule ball with you... I say quickly. I see the relief in his eyes and his body relax. I fiddle with the end of my sleeves.
-If... I continue. He meets my determined gaze. I had practiced this for a while in my head.
-If you decide to ask for yourself and not for your parents, I say. He nods and looks down to the floor. I pull at my sleeves. When he doesn't say anything, I decide to give him time and I walk past him.
-Y/N, wait, Draco says and grabs my arm. The arm with his name on, making my sleeves rise a bit, so you could see the top of his name. I look from his name to his eyes, which found mine only a second later.
-I'm asking... Would you go to the Yule ball with me? For the first time when I'm with him, I smiled. I smile a big, content smile.
-.....Yes...