Shang (mulan) x chubby! reader

Y/N POV
I was always viewed as a "housewife", that's why my siblings never let me out of the house. Well, not for fun, only if we needed more food and other groceries. My old parents were happy I helped them at home, but they were concerned that I was never going to have fun, or get a husband. I wanted one just as badly as anyone else, but my siblings kept me at home every year for the annual relationship "advisor" in town. But today, that is going to change. My two sisters are at the camping sight for the soldiers, preparing for the war, and my brothers are training with the other soldiers for the war. My mother arranged a time for me at the relationship advisor. So I dress in my best clothes, do my makeup according to societies standards, take my umbrella and leave. I duck in between people on my way to the big building in town. I walk up the stairs and breathe before I knock on the door. I hear footsteps coming towards the door, before someone swings it open. In the doorway stands a big woman, hair neatly tied up on her head.
-You must be Y/N? She says. I lower my head, gesturing to my respect for her.
-Yes màam, I say. She steps aside, letting me inside. I walk inside and look around. The only thing in the room is a table.
-Please, take a seat, she says, gesturing to the left side of the table. I sit down and immediately spot the tea pot and the two cups on the table. I grab the pot and pour up some tea in the two cups as the lady sits down in front of me. As she makes herself comfortable I hand her a cup, and placing the tea pot to the side.
-Very well. I've heard you are not allowed outside the house much? She says and takes a sip from the cup of tea.
-Yes, that is correct. My siblings are ashamed of me for my body miss, I say myself and grab my tea cup.
-But I've also heard good thing about you around in the village, she says. I look up from my tea into her curious eyes.
-Oh. What is that? I ask, taking a gulp from my tea.
-You are a well behaved young lady. You help your old parents, cook food and shop groceries by yourself. That is pretty impressive for a lady of your age, She says and puts down her cup. She stands up with great difficulty.
-Màam, do you need assistance? I ask. She holds up a hand and walk over to another room. I hear a drawer being opened and closed, papers rustling. Then she comes into the room again, sitting down, putting the papers in front of me.
-You have a favorable record, young miss. Any man would be absolutely delighted to marry you, but! She says, taking out a special paper, with a prestigious name written on top. Li Shang.
-A warrior like him would need someone to take care of the family and the house while he is out in war. My heart beats hard in my chest. A warrior. I don't dare argument with the woman in front of me, so I just smile. What if he never returns from war?
-Sounds wonderful, I say.
-I will message him right away, setting up an appointment already in two months, The lady says, grabbing a paper and a quill on the table and starting to write down a letter. When she is done she leaves the paper on the table to dry.
-Your appointment is over, the lady says and looks at me. I smile at her.
-Thank you miss, for taking your time, I say, standing up and walking out, onto the streets again. I take a deep breath from the fresh air, and head home in deep thought.

Two months later;
My siblings have now returned from the war. We won, with the help of the villages own Fa Mulan! One of my brothers lost a foot in the war, but they all survived, making me relived.
Today is also the day I'm going to meet Li Shang; The head of the royal army.
Now I just need to come up with a lie to get out of the house.
-Oh, We are all out of radishes! I'm just going out to buy some! I say as I take my umbrella. It wasn't really a lie, we were all out of radishes and broccoli.
-Sounds Great! My brother says, giving me a smile. I smile back and head out.
I walk to the relationship advisors house. I knock and the door immediately swings open.
-Right on time, she says and lets me in. I smile at her and put away my umbrella. I look towards the table. There sits a handsome man with red armor on. My cheeks turn pink and I smile towards him.
-Mr. Shang here came a bit early, she says and sits down.
-Good day Mr. Shang, I smile at him as I pour up tea for the three of us.
-Good day, he nods and smiles slightly.
-Are you feeling well? I ask and hand out two of the cups.
-Yes, I am, he says, taking the cup from me.
-You fought in the war with my brothers, I say, before taking a sip from my tea.
-Excuse me? He asks.
-You just arrived here from the war, did you not? I ask.
-Yes, That is correct, he says.
-Well then, I presume you fought hard along my brothers' sides and with the other strong men in China, I say. Li Shang chuckles.
-I would say that they fought hard by my side. They should feel honored to fight in such a big war, Shang says, drinking from his cup.
-Even those who died in the process? I ask. Shang takes a deep breath.
-Yes, Even those who died should feel honored to participate in such a happening, Shang says and takes another sip.
-But your lives was all at risk. You can't talk about yourself in such a demeanor, to make yourself a higher being. You had just as much chance of getting killed as the others. You had just the same chances to loose a foot like my brother did, I say, tears of frustration beginning to form.
-I am General! He raises his voice.
-That doesn't mean that you're immortal! I say back.
-Do not speak to me that way woman! He says, and points a finger at me.
-Why not? Because you can't handle some truth? I ask. Li then bangs his fist down onto the table.
- You have no right to speak to me that way! No woman does! Especially not one of your form, He says, no, growls at me. I tear falls down my cheek. I look him right in the eyes. Then at the woman by the other end of the table.
-It was nice of you to take your time to talk to me. Now, I must head out and buy some vegetables before my family becomes concerned for my well being, I say, standing up, and getting my umbrella. I open the door. But before I exit the building I turn to the two people by the table.
-My brother told me that you would be dead, if it weren't for Fa Mulan.... I say. Shangs haze immediately softens.
I nod at the lady, before heading out, towards the market.
I buy what I need before going home and start cooking dinner.

Li Shang POV:
The door closes behind the beautiful woman I just insulted, and I growl. I had been hearing a lot of good things of her. She was a phenomenal sight too.
She was right. I am just too stubborn to admit it. I take another sip of my tea before looking down on the floor.
-Keep That attitude, and you will never find a wife, the advisor says angrily.
-She is a fine woman, the best this town has to offer. And If she isn't "Good enough" for you, then I am sorry, but I cannot help you, she says angrily. I sigh and stand up. I bow to her.
-I'm sorry for taking up your time màam. Have a nice day, I say before heading out of the house and walking around, getting some fresh air to clean my head.

Then a thought hits me. I need to find her again. It can't be that hard, I mean, everyone in town knows her. I could just ask for directions and apologize. Yeah, sounds fair enough.
I walk around in the marketplace  before seeing a stand full of vegetables.
-Excuse me mr, I say. The old man looks at me and gasps, immediately going down on his knees.
-There is no need for that, I say and help him off of the ground.
-I was just wondering if you could help me find where Y/N L/N lives? I ask.
-She lives in a big house by the river, that way, the old man says and points to the right.
-Thank you, I say before heading off.

Y/N POV:
I get home and immediately start chopping vegetables in fury.
-That ignorant, egotistical, handsome son-of-a- I say before I get interrupted by the door bell. I growl lowly.
-I'll get it! My brother says. I hear his heavy footsteps and the freak of the door opening. I continue to chop the vegetables.
-I'd like to apologize to Y/N L/N.... I hear a voice. I immediately stop chopping and cautiously walk to the entrance. I stand shyly in the doorway of the kitchen, but that was enough for him to see me.
-Let him in brother, I say. My brother hesitantly moves out of the doorframe and lets Shang inside. Shang walks a couple of steps towards me, making me hold my breath.
-I've come to apologize, he says. I can only nod.
-I'm sorry for acting like I was the reason we won the war. The soldiers were the ones fighting it, he says and bows in respect for me.
-Chang I.... I say.
-And I'm sorry I made you feel the way I did. You're a beautiful woman and I'm in awe in your presence... Shang says, standing up again. His statement made me blush.
-It's ok Shang, I accept your apology, I say and nod my head. Shang then smiles at me and awkwardly scratches his neck.
-Maybe, you would like to go out sometime? He asks. I smile.
-Sure, That would be great... I'll cook, I say and he chuckles. We just look at each other.
-What is happening in here? My father asks.
-Y/N has a date with the general! My brother says. Shang smiles sheepishly and blushes.
-Maybe tonight? I ask.
-Sounds fantastic, Shang says.

————————————————————————
Wooooo! Rn I'm working on the unfinished chapters and posting them! Hope you liked this one! Peace!