Meridan x pregnant! Reader

Y/N POV:
-Good morning lady Y/N
-Morning princess
-Good morning my lady
Guards greet me as me and my 6 month old baby bump walk through the castle. They make way for me in the hallways and stairs as I walk out towards the courtyard where my husband, Meridan, stands training with his bow.
I watch from a distance as he hits every single target in the middle, sweat glistening on his forehead. Piles on piles of arrows on each other and on these targets. I quietly walk up to him and as he stands and looks at the targets and I put a hand on his shoulder. He snaps out of focus and looks at me and smiles.
-Hello, I say.
-Hello darlin', Meridan says, putting a hand on my stomach and kissing me.
-I see you had a successful morning, I say and look towards the targets. He sighs and looks at the halfway destroyed targets.
-Yep... How was your morning? He asks me.
-It was nice... I slept in, I grin up at him.
-Ah, that's nice, he says and holds me by my waist.
-So... your mother has already begun planning for the little ones' arrival, I say and Meridan groans.
-Really? He asks. I nod.
-It's about three bloody months left! What is this? Meridan says and I giggle.
-I think it's sweet, I say.
-Ay. I can't wait for the lad to come out either, he says and pets my stomach.
-Ay... but it's gonna be a little lass, I say. Meridan laughs.
-We'll see, he says and smiles down at me.

2 1/2 months later:

It is about 2 weeks until the estimated birth date for the little one, and everyone was walking on eggshells around me. My stomach has grown significantly during these past weeks and it was giving me a hard time to do basically anything. I wobble around like a duck, and the queen had ordered some maids to follow me wherever I go, just in case the baby plops out early.

I sit down at the table for breakfast and Huff loudly when I finally can sit down.
-Good morning to ya lass, says Fergus. Elinor smiles at me and nods.
-Long walk? Teases Meridan. He knows the dinner table and our room are just about 5 doors from each other, but my panting and huffing sounded like I had walked a thousand meters.
-Aye Lad, don't tease the poor lass like that. She is fighting hard for you to get your baby, Fergus says and cocks a brow at Meridan. I giggle at Meridan shocked face.
-Yer no fun, he says and slumps like a child in his chair next to mine. I kiss his cheek.
-Besides, ye can't blame me; your the one who put the little bugger in me, I say and Meridan turns visibly red. Fergus laughs and Elinor grins and rolls her eyes. Meridans now teenage brothers all laugh and point at him.
-What are you laughing at? Isn't it your turn to pick a wife soon? I remind them and they turn quiet.
-Ah yes. Remind me to get the letters to the lords before their 15th birthday, Ellinor plays along. They boys gasp and immediately run away from the table. Meridan grins.
-That'll shove them off for a while, Meridan says and I nod.
-It sure will, I say. Then I flinch because of a pain in my stomach. I hiss.
-Y/N what's wrong? Meridan asks concerned.
-I think the baby kicked something important, I play off.
-Don't worry, it's not their time yet, I say and sit up straight again. Meridan smiles at me and kisses my hand.
-Alright. If you say that it's not time yet, I trust you, Meridan says and we continue to eat breakfast.

A few hours later, a rain storm had covered the Dunbroch castle and everyone was working inside. I'm walking around, tending to my everyday do's, when suddenly I feel a sharp pain in my stomach again. I grab the wall and hunch over.
-My lady, are you alright? One of the maids left to follow me asks me. I stand up straight again and compose myself. I could feel that something was going on, but Meridan was out hunting with his father and I was not about to let him miss this.
-I am fine, thank you, I smile. The maid smiles and we head towards the kitchen for a light snack, but in the door, the pain comes again.
-I think it's the baby... I finally say, and the maidens eyes widen.
-A-alright my lady. We'll have to escort you back to your chambers, one of the other maids say and immediately begins ushering me to my room. On the way, the pain keeps on going and suddenly, the water breaks.
-Oh dear... the maids say. An even more painful shock goes through my abdomen and I suppress a scream. On the way, we meet queen Ellinor.
-My queen... it is time, the maids warn her. Ellinor looks at me and then immediately comes into shock. She grabs a guard by the arm and sends him out to retrieve Meridan and Angus in the woods. Then she immediately shouts for all maids in the castle to prepare for the birth. I have a hard time walking up the stairs as I begin getting contractions.
-You're doing great my lady, the maids keep saying as we get to my room.
They quickly undress me and put me in my nightgown that I've worn during my pregnancy. As I get it in, Ellinor quickly walks into the room and after her comes a cavalry of maids with water, towels and cloths of all kind.
-Now we just need to lay my lady down, one of the maids says, but Ellinor stops her.
-Y/N, do you want to lay down? Ellinor asks. I shake my head as I begin sweating and breathing heavily from the excruciating pain in my abdomen.
-No... I want to walk, I say.
-Alright, ladies let her walk, Ellinor says and helps me stand up. I start walking in random patterns in my room, maids ready to jump in any moment. Ellinor walks with me, holding me up and stabilizing me. I have to stop every once in a while when I get contractions, but keep on walking right afterwards. Then the process begins. Real pain hits me and I scream.
-The baby wants to come out, Ellinor says and I start hyperventilating.
-I'm not ready, I say and begin to tear up.
-Yes you are. You've been preparing yourself for almost 9 months, you are more then ready, Ellinor says. I scream again.
-When Will Meridan be here? I ask.
-I can't do this without him, I say.
-He's not far away, Ellinor says calmly. I nod.
-I need to sit down, I say. Ellinor helps me onto the bed and I sit there, swaying back and forth.
-My lady, May I take a look? A maid comes and asks. I nod and she carefully looks under my gown.
-Alright, I cannot see the head yet, but you are doing great, she says. I nod as a thank you before I continue with my swaying.

After 20 minutes, the contractions and pain has doubled and every move I make hurts. I breathe heavily.
-Ellinor? I ask as the maids help me lay on my side on the bed.
-Would you sing something for me? I ask.
-Before it gets too intense, I say and hiss at the pain. Ellinor nods and starts singing a calming tune. My heart beat starts stabilizing and I feel calmer, the pain lessening significantly.
But then... all hell broke loose.

-I can see the head my lady! Push! The maid says. I push as hard as I can. I don't push for long, I push for about 10 minutes before the baby is out. And I begin crying as I hear their scream.
-My lady, it's a girl! A maid says and shows me my beautiful baby girl.
-Meridan... he missed her, I say to Ellinor. She just puts a calming hand on my head.
And I thought I was done, ever until:
-Ehm, my lady, there is another head here, another maid says. The pain strikes again.
-What? I ask fearfully.
-There is another baby! The maid declares and my contractions continue.
I push once again for my life.

Suddenly, Meridan comes running into the room and Ellinor gives up her space in the bed for him. He sits down and takes my hand. Fergus comes sprinting after him. He closes the door after him.
-How is she doing? Fergus asks Ellinor. She looks at me.
-Let's talk outside, she says and they walk outside, closing the door.
-You are doing great sweetheart, I am right here with you my love, Meridan says as he helps me gay my sweaty hair out of my face. I smile at him.
-Meridan, you- I get cut off by another contraction, and I clench onto Meridans hand as I push.
-You're doing great my lady! Just a few more, The maid encourages.
-You're so strong my love, keep on pushing, Meridan encourages too.
-I don't know if I can, I say as tears fall.
-You can Y/N, and I'm right here with you, until the finish line, Meridan says. I look into his eyes. Oh how I've missed them.
-Alright my lady, are you ready to push? The maid ask. Meridan kids at me and I look at her and nod. I start pushing again.

I push for another 7 minutes, before the baby finally pops out. The maids declare her a girl too and cleans her off, before putting her in my arms. Meridan tears up and carefully caress the baby's cheek.
-A little baby girl... you were right Y/N, Meridan chuckles as he begins crying.
-Not only had I right once... I begin and receive my first born baby girl.
-But twice, I say proudly.
-Y-you had twins? Meridan says shocked. I nod.
-This one came before you came here, I say.
-H-how do you know which one's which? Meridan asks and I look at them. And when I see it, I smile.
-One of them has a birthmark on her forehead, look, I say and show him the first born. He takes her carefully in his arms and cries even more.
-Gods, they're so beautiful darling... he says, before looking at me.

Fergus and Ellinor comes back into the room and smiles at us. The maids walk outside and only a few stays to make sure I'm doing alright.
Meridan looks towards the door and holds up our first born.
-They're twins... Meridan says happily.
-I know son... congratulations, Fergus says. Meridan hands me the baby, before hugging his parents.
-You're grandparents now, Meridan says as they hug.
-And you're a dad, I tell him. He lets go of his parents and looks back at me.
-What're they're names? Ellinor asks. I look at Meridan.
-I was thinking Carla and... Merida, I say. Meridan covers his mouth as tears fall faster.
-Because they have your hair, I say and mention their small red curls that are in the tip of their head.
-And your eyes, Meridan says. I nod.

-Oh gods, I love you... and you, Meridan says and kisses the babies on their tiny heads.
-And you, my love, Meridan finishes and we share a kiss.
-I love you too, my prince, I say.