Edmund Pevensie x reader: Kings and Queens, part 1

Y/N POV
It's a nice day, the sun is shining and the waves are rocking slowly against the side of the boat. I sit on deck and just enjoy the warmth of the sun. King Caspian asked me to come with him. We've never let go of each other since the Pevensies left, because at any moment they could come back. And I couldn't wait for the day I'd see him again. He made a promise to me, that he'll come back. He had proposed to me. Even though we had only known each other for so long. There was something there, something I couldn't really explain.
The crew was looking out into the ocean, looking for land, when suddenly a chair floats up from nowhere. Then a table.... and a bed... and we can see three bodies floating to the surface.
-Caspian? I ask. He looks at me before he jumps off the ship and into the water. On the surface I can see... Lucy? And... Edmund!? And another boy around their age.... I lean over as much as I dare and hold out my hand for Lucy when she gets hauled up on the boat. When she sees me I hug her, I don't really care that my clothes get all soaked.... they're back.... But, where's Peter and Susan?
-Y/N! Lucy says happily.
-You're back! Took you long enough! I joke as I help her stand up and get her a blanket to warm up with. Then onto deck stumbles Edmund. I can't help but just smile at him. His brown locks sticks to his forehead, and his clothes cling onto his body. He looks at me.
-Y/N? He asks.
-Yeah, I say and run to him. He immediately embraces me. He kisses my head as we hug.
-I'm back, he says repeatedly.
-I know, I know, I say as tears start to fall down from my eyes. We let go and just stare at each other. Then he grabs my face and kisses me on my lips. I smile and kiss back with just as much passion. I notice that the whole crew is watching and I let go. Edmund looks hurt at me and I clear my throat and nods to the crew. Edmunds face flashes in a bright red.
-Ok ya lazy seagulls, get back to work! The captain shouts and everyone walks away. When I let Edmund back off I realize that I'm soaked. Then I look over at Lucy who smiles at us.
-So... You guys want to get changed? Caspian asks. Lucy and Edmund nods and I laugh.
-I think I need a new set of clothes too, I say.
-Well, let me show you your room, and some clothes, Caspian smirks and begins walking down the stairs to the clothes chamber. Edmund smiles at me and we walk after him. I show Lucy my own wardrobe, and share some of my clothes. I help her brush her hair and putting it into a low ponytail.

-So, who is that blonde fella? I ask Edmund as we look over the turquoise water. Edmund scoffs.
-My cousin, Eustace, he says and I look over my shoulder to look at the strange boy. He looks around with wide eyes, trying to take everything in.
-Well, a weird way to meet the extended family, I smile at Edmund. He grins and grabs my hands in his.
-I've missed you, he says.
-Naturally, I answer.
-It's been a while, I continue. Edmund sighs.
-I wish you could've come with me to my world, he says.
-I do too... But I had duties to fulfill in Narnia first, I remind him. Edmund pulls my hands towards his lips and kiss them tenderly.
-I can't wait to marry you... my queen, Edmund smiles at me. I lean in to kiss his lips but his cousin comes in between.
-Now you're getting married!? First you want to join the war and now you're getting married!? What kind of place is this? He asks frantically.
-Eustace, really? Edmund asks clearly annoyed by the boy.
-I'm just saying, you're what, 16? And you're already thinking about marriage? Eustace asks.
-Engaged actually, Edmund says proudly and I lean towards his chest to hide my smile and laugh. I put my arms around his mid drift and he puts a hand on my back.
-Engaged!? 16 and engaged! This is preposterous! Eustace yells. Everyone on the ship groans, and I continue to snicker and hold back my laughs. I can feel Edmund smirking slyly at me.
-It- Child abuse is what it is! Child abuse, you hear me? Eustace says, before Taveros the Minotaur drags him away from us. I pull away from my embrace and me and Edmund start laughing.
-I don't know what to do of him, really, Edmund says once we stop laughing.
-Well... now that that's over and done with, I say and put his face in my hands.
-I can't wait to marry you, King Edmund the just, I say and Edmund smiles down at me and puts his hand carefully on my waist.
I lean in for a kiss, which goes un disturbed this time.

We pull away and I softly tuck away some strands of hair from his forehead. He sighs happily and kisses my forehead like I was made of porcelain.
-Land ho! We hear from the watch tower. Captain Drinian calls for Edmund and Caspian. Edmund kisses my hand before leaving me.
-So Y/N, Lucy says from behind and I turn around.
-Had any other luck in finding suitable men? She asks. I chuckle and shake my head.
-No one except your brother could ever make my heart beat speed, I say. Lucy makes a thinking face.
-Could you be more specific, which brother are we talking about here? Lucy jokes and I laugh and push Lucy lightly on her shoulder.

-Man the longboats, throw the sail and prepare to drop anchor! Taveros yells as Edmund and Caspian come onto the deck again. Some men throw rope and other necessities into the long boats and I help. Suddenly someone grabs my hand. I look up and Edmund looks troubled at me.
-What's wrong? I ask and stand up.
-There wasn't a Narnian flag in sight, Edmund says.
-But the lone islands have always been Narnias, I say confused.
-I know, that's what I said, Edmund says and sighs. I put a hand in the crook of his shoulder and neck. He smiles at me. The men in the long boat are waving Edmund into the boat.
-I promise, there's nothing to be worried about, I say as Edmund hops into one of the boats.
He then turns back to me and reaches out a hand for me to take as support as I too get into the boat.
-Probably just a misunderstanding, I clarify as I sit down in front of Edmund. He smiles at me.