Kuzco x Reader

Y/N POV
-Y/N! You're going to be late! Hurry up! My mom shouts from downstairs.
-I'm trying to close my belt! I say in stress as I run downstairs, trying to reach the belt buckle into the different holes. My mom stops me and closes my belt for me.
-So! Leave! Mom says and pushing me out the door, letting me step into a horse cart to the emperors palace. I stare anxiously out over the country as we rise up on the side of the palace mountain. I twirl my hands in my lap as I try to keep the dress from creasing.
The cart stops outside of two huge doors.
I smile at the driver as I sneak inside, just to see that the hall was empty. Dang it I'm late!
A couple of maids rush up to me and ushers me through long halls.
-You're late miss, you're very very late! One of the says as they turn right usher me towards a door. The push me through the door and I stumble inside.

Kuzcos POV
I look at all the girls in white dresses. I can't believe Yzma is STILL making me do this, even though I dismiss them all! Ugh! Anyways, here I go again...
-Hmmm, let's see... Bad lips, bad eyes, hips are too small, bad breath and oh... let me guess... bad hair day? I ask the last girl. The little man counts them all and looks at his list.
-Uhm, you're highness, excuse me, He says. I roll my eyes and cross my arms.
-Yes? I ask.
-There seems as we are one girl short sir, he says. I sigh.
-Then WHERE is she? I ask impatiently as the guy stammers and I hear fumbling footsteps and the doors opening. I look over to the door and a girls stumbles inside and she quickly stands up straight and brushes off her dress.
Now here's someone interesting. I circle her as she looks at me in confusion. I grab one of her h/c locks and smell it. Smells like lavender.
-Let me guess, home made conditioner? I tease.

Y/N POV
-No, Grandmas recipe, I answer. He continues circling me.
-Hmm, do you go to the gym? He asks.
-Never, I say.
-No way you NEVER go to the gym! You can't be born with a figure like that! He says and I stare at him.
-Surgery? He asks and I feel offended.
-Excuse me? I ask.
-Don't worry, I'll figure out your little secret, he says and stops in front of me. I look at the little man in front ushering all the girls out of the room around us, and the emperor doesn't break eye contact. The emperor looks at me, up and down, multiple times and smirks.
-Let me guess? You spend your free time volunteering in daycares and nursery homes because you think this dictation is "unfair", he says, putting very unnecessary quotation marks at the end.
-No, I don't really think it's "Unfair", I say, mimicking him.
-I'm just doing the job you forgot about, I say and cross my arms. He walks around me again, noticing every crease, every flaw my body has to offer his very royal and rich taste. Then he stands in front of me, mumbling to himself in deep thought. Then he locks eyes with me and smirks.
-You're my new empress, he says. My mouth hangs open.
-Excuse me, what? I ask.
-You're my new empress! So, now that that's settled; Guards! They will bring you home to pack everything you need, and then bring you back for the wedding, which is as soon as 'Kuzcotopia' is done! Bye for now! He dismisses me and a couple of guards grab my arms and drag me outside to a kart as I struggle against them in a failed attempt to flee. They trap me in the kart and I cry all the way home. I get home, crying and just begin packing my stuff.
-Honey, what's wrong? Mom asks. I tell her everything he did to me. Analyzed me.
My mom tears up, but tries to smile.
-It's going to be ok honey. You're doing the country a favor, and see it from the bright side! A woman doesn't get to marry an emperor every day! Mom says and dries my tears as I scoff.
-What bright side? There is no bright side, I say. Mom kisses my head.
-It's going to be okay, we'll see each other again, I promise, she says. I smile at her as she helps me with my bags into the cart and I'm on my way back to the palace.

When I arrive I have tear stains all over my white dress. A couple of maids show me to my own room. It has a huge bed, almost three times bigger than my own at home. The room also has a walk in wardrobe for all my clothes, and it's own bathroom.
I sit on the bed and I almost sink right through it. It's so soft! Suddenly someone knocks and a guard walks inside.
-The emperor would like you to put on your nicest dress, for he wishes to have dinner with you, he says.
-O-ok... When should I be done? I ask.
-In about fifteen minutes, he says and closes my door. Oh shoot. I throw all the clothes out of my bags and look for the dress my mom gave me for my last birthday. I finally find it and I try to take this one off, but the zipper is stuck. I jump around in my room for about five minutes before it finally zips down. I throw it off to some corner of the closet and put my other dress on. It has a nice, hand sewn design on it. I wipe all the ruined makeup and put some other makeup on. I look up and I'm not 100% ok with the birds nest on my head.
'Wow, today has really been a long day'
I let it down and brush it through. I decide to leave it natural, because I'm too tired to do anything with it.
I take a look at myself in my mirror and I take a deep breath before standing up straight and walking out of my door. Two guards stand outside, waiting for me.
-I'm done. Where did the emperor wish to see me? I ask. They only lead me all the way, without saying a thing through red hallways. They open up to big doors and motion for me to walk inside. I look into the room. I can see the emperor speaking to a man from my village. Pacha. He was a good man, and always let me pet his llamas. I walk inside slowly, to not disturb their conversation. That is until the guards spam the doors closed and both the men's attention are on me.
-Ah, there she is! My beloved bride! The emperor says.
-Come here, don't be shy! He says and I walk closer to the men.
-Y/N? What...? What is happening? Pacha asks.
-Well, you see, little Y/N here, got chosen to
marry me, you see, the emperor says and puts his hand on my shoulder, pulling closer to him and booping my nose.
-What the.... She is a girl! She needs her freedom! Pacha says.
-Well, I'm the emperor, she's free to do whatever she wants, the emperor says.
-First you take my home, then you take her freedom?! You are insane! Pacha says.
-Well... too bad for you. Bye bye! The emperor says as Pacha gets dragged away by some guards. When the doors slam shut again, I cringe.
-So, my little cactus flower, shall we leave for dinner? He asks. He turns us around and walks down hallway after hallway. At last we arrive at a room with a looooong table, food displayed all over it and maids standing ready for his every order.
-Why take a seat m'lady, he says and motions to a chair. I sit down and three maids immediately puts a napkin in my lap and smooths it out, also putting a plate and a knife and fork beside it. When they're gone I see that three other maids are doing the same to him. When they disappear, he immediately starts to eat. 'What the...?'
-So... What do you do in your free time? He asks with his mouth full of food. I look at him.
-I thought we already had discussed that...? I ask as I put some food onto my plate.
-Ah, you're right, you're right, he says. It's awkward silence.
-So, That villager... you know him? He asks.
-Well, yes. He's the beat llama handler in the village were I live, I say. The emperor holds up a finger.
-were you used to live, he corrects me.
-Yes... Where I used to live, I say.
-...Anyways, I didn't think the emperor cared for us villagers, I say, taking a bit of the oh so delicious food.
-Pshhh, Call me Kuzco, no need for formal names, Y/N, the emperor says and winks at me. I sigh and we eat. He asks a couple of questions and I answer them.
-....You seem to really care for your people... and you have a family that adores you, he says, but I feel like it wasn't meant to be heard.
-Well... What can you do when all you got is your family? I ask. Kuzco looks at me.
-My parents were never good at that, he says.
-What do you mean? I ask.
-They left me with only maids, guards and butlers to raise me. They never showed me affection, he says putting his fork down.
-Oh my... I'm sorry to hear that... Kuzco, I say. Kuzco stares at me and smiles before frowning.
-What for? I can do whatever I Please. I'm the emperor, so who needs them? He asks and crosses his arms like a little child. I frown. This is the most open he's ever been and he's acting like a baby! Oh god, we have a lot to work with.

After a while, a guard comes up and whispers to him.
-Ah! Sorry my dear, but my royal advisor needs to talk to me. I dismiss you, he says and stands up, making all maids immediately clean up the table, leaving it spotless. I can see a glimpse of Kuzco before the door close. I stand up, leaving for my room.

I fall onto my bed and sigh.
-Dear god... Why me? Why me? I say out loud.
I lay down properly and think about today, and my future, before falling sound asleep.