Arthur Pendragon x reader: My king

Arthur's POV:
I stand before the big crowd as the crown rolls out from under the big castle. I stop it with my fort and pick it up. I look at it as I hear footsteps behind me. I look to my left and I see Shrek.
-It's yours if you want it, you know... he says. I sigh.
-But this time it's your choice, he says. It made me think. What would I possibly loose from being king? What would be the most devastating loss?.... Y/N.... But as king...? I will make it my first order to find her. She's the yin to my yang. I want her next to me when this new chapter of my life starts.

I slowly walk to the front of the stage and hold out the crown. People start to applaud me as I raise it up in the air and onto my head. I sigh as a great relief washes over me. Shrek walks up beside me once again and people rise from their seats. Many of the ex-villains raise me and everyone begins chanting my name.
They let me down as the queen comes up to me and hugs me. I stand frozen, before hugging her back. She introduces me to the other princesses in the castle as I remember the first talk I had with Shrek on the boat.

Flashback:
I laugh in disbelief.
-I can't believe it. Me? A king? I mean, I knew I came from royalty and all, but I just figured that everyone forgot about me, I say.
-Oh no, in fact; the king asked for you personally, Shrek reassures.
-Really? I ask and Shrek nods.
-Wow... I breathe out.
-I-I... look, I know it's not gonna be all fun and games, I say, trying to be as responsible as an high school kid could be.
-It really is all fun and games actually, Shrek says and leans onto the railing of the boat.
-Sure, you have to knight a few heroes and launch a ship or two, He says as his face scrunches up.
-By the way, make sure you hit the boat just right with the bottle, Shrek says and smiles reassuringly.
-Hit a boat with a bottle? Any idiot could hit a boat with a bottle, I say. It's not that hard, really. Shrek laughs awkwardly.
-Well I've heard it's harder than it looks, Shrek says and I process what's really happening.
-Woah... this is gonna be huge! Parties, princesses! Castles!.... Princesses! I say giddily.

End of flashback

The only thing that no one knows is that the only princess I want is Y/N. She's related to sleeping beauty by blood, and she was a real beauty. She had been the first girl to even acknowledge my existence at high school. And she was also the only directly blood related royalty in school... well, except for me, it seems.
-I know that you might be missing some school, but we could definitely get you a tutor, the queen says and I smile.
-Yes Thank you! Also, could we bring back into the spells division? It was my favorite class, I say and the queen nods.
-And also, could I bring my friend Y/N...? She-I.... I miss her, I say sheepishly.
-Omg! You know my little cousin Y/N!? That's so sweet! Sleeping beauty says and and yawns at the last part. I smile.
-Yeah... She really is sweet, I say quietly. Suddenly I hear a 'poof' and I guess that it was mister Merlin. I hear frantic footsteps.

-Artie? Artie!? I hear and everyone looks to the other side of the stage. And...
-Y/N? I ask and she sees me and smiles proudly.
-Artie! She says and runs up to me and hugs me tightly. I feel my face heat up and a big smile creep up on my face. I push her away and put my arms on her shoulders.
-What're you doing here? I ask in a panic.
-I came as soon as I heard! she says and laughs.

Y/N POV:
I suddenly see the queen come up behind Artie and I gasp and back away.
-My Queen! I say and bow. I feel a hand on my shoulder and she smiles down at me.
-It's Alright. Artie is the king now, and he was just about to send a search party after you, she says and laughs lightly. I look to Artie as a big smile covers my face.
-You... you were? I ask and Artie turns pink.
-Well... yes! I want you by my side Y/N... And I missed you, Artie says and walks closer to me. I look at him. All of him. He was still wearing his uniform. It was stained with mud and it was torn in some places. Then I look into his eyes. His baby blue eyes. Then at his lips. They smile lightly, and then....
I grab him by his uniform collar and smash his lips on mine. He quickly puts one hand on my neck and the other on my waist and pulls me closer to him. The sudden move makes me quickly put my hands on his chest as he kisses me roughly. I quickly pull away as I hear a bunch of 'ooohhhhs' surrounding us.
-Alright Archie, I think that's enough, I say and feeling very exposed since half of the whole kingdom was still here.
-Really? I don't think so, Artie says and pulls me closer again.
-Artie... I say warningly. He chuckles.
-As your king... He starts and I groan.
-I was counting the seconds until you'd start with that, I say. He holds up a finger.
-As your king, I order you to move into the castle with me, he says and I stare at him in shock.
-Y... You want me to move into the castle... with you? I ask in shock. He nods.
-Yeah. I can't let you back into that hellhole, he says and I giggle.
-So... what do ya say... move in with me...? He asks and backs up to give me some space. I look over his shoulder and see my cousin and her friends nod frantically. I look back at Artie.
-Yes... Yes I'll move in with you! I say and jump onto him. He catches me swiftly and hugs me just as tight back.
-And as your king... I demand another kiss, he says smoothly. I scoff and roll my eyes, but his lips quickly find mine again. I kiss back and smile into the kiss and giggle. Everyone cheers as I snatch the crown off of Arties head and put it on my own. He pulls away and smirks.
-You can't says I don't look cute in it, I giggle as he brings me in for another kiss.

10 years later:
-Artie! I can't find my tiara! I shout into the corridor where our bedroom is. I lift my dress and walk into our room and see the two fake heads that holds our headpieces... doesn't have my tiara... it has a crown, that is more tiara like. But it's not my tiara. I sigh as I snatch it and put it on my head and look into the mirror. It's beads and jewels matched my dress and I can't help but smile at myself. Then I notice Artie smiling at me in the mirror behind me.
-Did you... change this? I ask and turn around. His face features got a lot more chiseled and he has a short hair stub on his chin.
-Maybe, he says and walks up to me, kissing me softly. I smile and kiss his cheek, before grabbing his crown and putting it on his head.
He smiles at me and asks for my hand. I gladly put my hand in his and we make our way out to the outside area.

-May I present; King Arthur and miss Y/N! A man yells out and people now and applaud as we walk down the stairs. It was Arthur's birthday party and I was dressed to impress. Impress Arthur of course. I had made this dress almost entirely alone.... except for when I messed up the skirt and got someone to redo it for me, but that's beside the point. I loved my own hand sewn dress in different f/c shades and jewels. Arthur dragged me around all evening, talking to people and people congratulating him on his 26:th birthday.
Well into the night, I was talking to sleeping beauty and we hear a glass clink, probably by being hit with a fork.
-Hello people of far far away! He announces and people cheer.
-I think you all for coming here and I've been receiving mail and presents all day. But right now, I'm going to give myself a birthday present! He says and I furrow my brows as he walks onto the stage.
-10 years ago, I was crowned as the new king in far far away. And I wouldn't have made it this far, if it weren't for my own flame Y/N! Y/N, come up here! He says and waves for me to join him on stage. I shake my head, but sleeping beauty and her friends push me onto the stage. Arthur smiles warmly at me and drags me further into the center of the stage.
-Y/N, you might think that you're just a normal girl who happened to have royal blood in you. But you're so much more than that to me. You're funny and clever, and you can light up a room with your smile, he says and I blush.
-Stop... I say, feeling embarrassed. I hear a slight chuckle come from the crowd.
-So... this is my birthday present to me... Arthur says and gets down on one knee. I gasp as he brings up a beautiful golden ring from his pocket, with words engraved inside of it and a shining jewel in the middle of it.
-Y/N Y/L, will you fulfill my birthday wish and marry me? He asks and I nod. I nod so much, it felt like my head was going to fall off of my neck. Arthur quickly places the ring on my finger and embraces me tightly. I begin crying and I kiss him. And just like that first time... out very first kiss, I feel like I'm soaring through the clouds and landing on the moon.

3 years later:
I'm so nervous and I don't know how to tell him... Should I maybe.... no, that's dumb... Just go and tell him, what's the worst thing that could happen?
I knock quietly on the door to his office.
He could divorce me, for one.
-Come in! I hear.
Then he could send me away.
I quietly open the door and step inside. Arthur looks up from his work and smiles at me.
-Hello gorgeous. Your face is just what I needed to see, he says and smiles. I smile back, his charming smile almost getting me to forget my purpose of coming here.
-Ehm, Arthur, can I talk to you? It's really important... I say nervously and walk towards his desk. He looks up from his work once more and looks concerned at me.
-What's going on honey? He asks. My thighs are almost touching his desk... that's how close I was standing to him.
-Baby...? He asks and puts down all of his work and walks around his desk to me. Tears begin overflowing, of me being so afraid.
-Baby? Tell me whats wrong? He says and wipes away some tears as I sob loudly.
-I'm pregnant Arthur... I say and continue to sob. Arthur turns quiet, but his hands are still caressing my face.
-Y-you are? He asks and I nod. He smiles the biggest smile I've ever seen him wear. Bigger than when we got married. Bigger than when I surprised him with coming to far far away. This smile, was shining brighter than the sun.
-I'm going to be a dad... he breathes and kisses me on the lips.
-I'm going to be a dad! He laughs, making me giggle with him. Then he stops and frowns.
-Holy mother of-I'm going to be a dad! He says, suddenly afraid.
-I-I'll have to get Shrek here, right now! I-I'm sorry honey, I'm super excited I just need to- He cuts himself short by running out into the long corridors of the castle.
-Mathew! I need to contact Shrek immediately! I'm going to be a dad! I can hear him shout as I sit down, smiling, on his desk. I look down at his papers and notice that these weren't work related at all... they were plans on how he was going to ask me if we could get children.
-Congratulations sire! I hear our head of house butler; Mathew shout back at Arthur.
He's such a show monkey...

But I love him.