Planet Terra

It was a week and half later when we exited my mother's ship onto Terra lands. A warm smile melted on my face feeling the sun's rays and seeing the purple skies. I took a long glance at the gate about a mile down from the castle. When I had left there had been an angry mob at the gates, today there was no one.

The guards bowed at my arrival but shot my mother and her entourage wary glances. She got a pass because of her relationship to me, but many Nobellians still saw her as an outsider. It wasn't surprising they weren't as open to her, considering their last interaction with foreigners resulted in nearly 2 years of doom for Terra.

The guards opened the doors of the castle and with Hush and my mother flanking me, we walked through. A small smile quirked my lips, feeling the familiarity of the castle as we headed to the healer's wing. Trepidation trickled through my blood knowing why I was here, but with a deep breath, I continued on.

Servants mingled through the halls shooting me small smiles and bowing at me. The castle was livelier than I remembered and that brought on a pleasant feeling which helped to assuage a little bit of my nerves.

We turned a corner and at one of the intersections, three walkways were halls, but one led to a large lounge area. Near the entrance I spotted Ike. Dressed in a pair of dark jeans and a black fitted tee, it was a breath of fresh air from the expected formal attire Royals were expected to wear. From what I could see, he was giving out instructions. With his arms crossed against his chest exemplifying the musculature of his arms, face stoic as he now listened to the man that began to speak, the authoritative, commanding aurora exuding from him gave me pause.

It suddenly felt like I hadn't seen him in ages. A heat fanned over me, mind going back to how it felt to have not only his hands, but his lips on me too. Oh, how I had missed that. I watched the way his full lips pursed hearing something he didn't like. Yeah, I had missed those a lot...

Hush collided into my back, knocking me from my lustful reverie.

I stumbled, shoes making a squeak against the tile and everyone in the lounge room attention focused on me. Hush shot me an apologetic smile, seeming awkward in a castle, while I gave her a shaky one back, low-key feeling embarrassed at my stumble but not wanting to make Hush feel bad.

Ike's head shot up. His blank expression flashed to surprise and then pure elation at seeing me. With that expression, it felt like the gray skies that had showered the lonely oceans I had been swimming in suddenly allowed a little bit of sunlight to shine through. He smiled, oceanic eyes darkening as they took in my appearance, before they glanced back up at my face.

"Avril." He breathed. The man he was talking to was put on the back burner as he stepped around him and walked towards me with a purpose.

"If he had a tail, it would be wagging away." Hush muttered flippantly under her breath causing my mother and I to bite back smiles.

I bit my lip, feeling the calming links of our bond almost jump at the fact that we were in such close proximity.

He stepped closer, his hand coming out and I took it. Immediately he pulled me closer, "I've missed you dearly." Was all he said before he planted a long kiss on my lips. Eyes fluttering shut at the soft sensation of his lips, heat strung through my body.

All too soon the kiss was over, and he was pulling back. Eyes locked on someone behind me, he gently nodded at Hush and my mother with a smile that my stomach clench. "Good morning, Faven."

"Hello, Ike." She easily replied, adorned in an iridescent gold dress that stopped at the mid of her calf. My mother and him hit it off way better than I ever did with his parents.