Wedding Day

Don't be a silent reader. Vote and tell me what you think!!

I stared into the mirror, dabbing my eyes as one last tear slipped out my lightly makeup applied eye. Teelah had did an even better job than Mist, so I had to make sure I didn't ruin it again.

A sense of acceptance was washing over me. I couldn't cry anymore. This is what I had to do for the sake of Terra and its people, the people that all looked up to me for guidance and protection. I had a duty to them, and I couldn't let what I wanted affect their safety. I had to marry Ike. I just had to. We had to be at our strongest for the return of the Dynoats because I had no doubt that they would be back. It was only a matter of when, not if.

I couldn't be selfish, anything I would do now would have to be for the good of the people. That's why societies crumbled right? The people with all the power grew selfish and only looked out for their needs, so the underdogs and everyone under them suffered. The people with the power who could make the biggest change sat on their asses and did nothing for their people.

But, I wouldn't be that selfish ruler. I wouldn't be that Tyrant. I would always do what was best for the people even if I was hurt in the aftermath. Because when you care for something, you put it first.

"Avril?" I turned around to see Harmony. Arms elegantly crossed in front of her, she stood in the arched white doorway. I held back an eye roll at her presence.

The budding relationship between Harmony and I had slowly eroded and chipped away. What was left off as a strong foundation of trust and I admit I kind of looked up to her, was now a worn canyon of distrust and disappointment towards the Queen. Over the months, she had really showed her true colors. The colors weren't pretty either.

Dressed in a beautiful, regal cream colored dress, Ike's mom looked nothing but elegant. I was actually getting tired of that look on her. Could she try to look a little bit different. Like maybe, I don't know, not like some uppity mop.

She smiled at me sympathetically, but a small part of me felt like in actuality she felt nothing for my feelings. In her mind, she saw this as duty and I needed to get over how I was feeling. "It's time sweetie."

Taking a deep breath, I looked at myself in the mirror one last time. Jaded greenish eyes with flecks of gold stared back at me. So much had changed in such a little time. Only days ago it felt like I had been running away from responsibilities like this, and now I was walking directly into the limelight.

Breaking away from the nostalgic memories, I turned away from the fractured realization and walked to Harmony.

Her hand gently landed on my shoulder, brown orbs staring deeply into mine. "I know you nor Ike are really ready for this but being the Princess and Prince you have to make sacrifices others do not be-", I cut her off, putting my hand up. I have heard the same thing over and over again these past few months, the only difference were how they were phrased.

"I have to do what I have to do." I looked up at her, hoping determination and courage was shinning brightly in my eyes instead of the hopelessness and somberness I was really feeling. Stepping out of her touch, I looked away from her puckered expression at me cutting her off, but the next facial expression was hard to miss.

Smiling gently, the proudness was evident on her face, but I ignored it. She really wasn't in my good book theses days. "Well come on then." She guided me down the stairs right outside the changing room, while I nervously padded behind her, holding on to the railing for dear life while I walked down the threatening stairs.

These heels were killing me, not to mention they were extremely expensive and had skyscraper high heels, the highest I had ever wore. With white and opaque gems embedded into them one by one by hand, Mist had said they were around 50,000 dollars. I had nearly had a heart attack at the information.