Power Play

Don't be a silent reader, vote and tell me what you think!

Warning: Graphic content

"You know I really don't think you should be healing me when you just woke up yesterday night." Ike softly chided his sister looking down at her while she stooped down beneath him to examine his ankle, eyebrows furrowed and her brown eyes determined.

"Oh hush, how long has he been limping on this leg?" Mist's brown eyes connected with mine. I had been idly standing by the side along with everyone else. It had been two days since the fiasco with Othana, and I had kept what had happened between us to myself.

I had occasionally seen her around, but we didn't say much. There was some sort of weird energy going on between us. I didn't know if it I saw mutual respect or actual hatred every time we made eye contact. Like I had said, it was weird.

"About a week now." I answered.

A soft cream beam broke out from Mist's hand shining across Ike's ankle. "I've been gone for that long?" She shook her head, the light vanishing as she quickly stood up and Ike twirled his ankle around.

Mist moved to me. "Do you need me to make those cuts and abrasions go away?" She lifted her hand like she was in the action of doing it, but I quickly shook my head not wanting her to tire herself out. The moment she had awaken, she fired out questions asking who needed aid despite the fact she seemed fatigued and weakened.

"No, save your energy." I glanced at one of the scabbed cuts running along the back of my forearm. "Battle scars don't bother me."

Accepting my answer, Mist's brown eyes glanced around at everyone else- Kaiya, Aeon, Ike and Nydale- with the same question in her eye. They all shook their heads though and she shrugged. "I'm here to heal, I'm fine now."

"We just don't want to risk anything." Kaiya spoke up. Like the rest of us she had a few scrapes and nicks too. "I know how it feels and let me just tell you, the trauma that our body has went through is not small. By tomorrow you will surely be feeling the effects."

At that Mist's easy-going expression dimmed and she frowned slightly, letting her shoulders drop. "Oh thank Selene. I was just trying to act like I was okay, but honestly I feel like my body has been bombarded by a truck."

I could only imagine how Kaiya felt since her body didn't heal at the rate as Mist's. However, she did have her kindred spirit here to calm some of the pain. At my thought, I glanced at the two kindred spirits. There was quite some distant between the two, and I wondered whether anything had happened or not when I had left them when she first woke up. Based off their indifferent actions towards one another now, I couldn't tell.

"You don't have to put on a show, if you're exhausted it's okay to show it. You've been through a lot." Nydale spoke up, his tone tender.

Ike seeming less dense these days narrowed his eyes suspiciously at the how affectionate Nydale was being, but I quickly intervened, running a finger up his arm.

It worked like magic and his complete and undivided attention was on me. Those oceanic eyes splashed into purple, and I realized the downfall to my actions all too late. The pull to Ike these days were overwhelming. I found myself aching to go further with Ike, and I was beginning to have dreams about him only to wake hot and bothered with the realization that my mind was beginning to play with me too. The bond was beginning to wear on our control which was only amplified by our own desires to consummate the bond. With everything that had happened to us though, the idea of fully completing the bond with Ike worried me slightly. The what ifs and past fears was one barrier that stopped us while the lack of privacy was the other. While Ike and I did have our own room, the door had no locks which I secretly believed was on purpose. A mechanism used to keep us aware and on edge. The fact that we had yet to come up with a plan on how to infiltrate the Dynoat lair was another problem.