Plotting

Vote and tell me what you think

I was alone as I walked through the dim tunnels. A sweltering fury settled in my stomach making it almost burn as I tried to not let Othana's bitter words get to me. Throwing up my past was something I wasn't new to, yet it still managed to piss me off and get under my skin whenever it happened. However, the more it happened, the more I became accustom to it. Instead of being hurt by her words like I would have not even a month ago, instead I was furious. Words that would have chipped at me, now hardened me. My anger felt vindicated, and instead of wallowing in my own self-pity I wanted to do something about it. Charging forward, ignoring the curious glances of the lone aliens scattered throughout the tunnels, I began to think.

However, my heart nearly exploded from my chest when the wall next to me rumbled furiously and one of those stonehenges, if I'm not mistaken, materialized right next to me. Dodging fallen debris, I looked up from under my arm which shielded my face from the last descending pieces of rock. Its eyes which were completely gray contrasted against its dark, nearly black, gray body that blended into the tunnel nearly perfectly. "You're going to help me maneuver through the tunnel?" I questioned it, pushing down my simmering anger to address it and fighting away the slight wariness at its menacing demeanor.

Like I expected, my question went ignored. A small smirk crawled along my face and I snorted lightly not even slightly offended at its clear dismissal of me as it walked through the tunnel. I was beginning to get use to its indifferent behavior.

"Thanks for leading me by the way, I have a pretty good feeling Othana didn't instruct you this time." I added, watching the its bulky back smoothly scrape against the rest of its body like a well-running machine. Othana and I had left not as good as we had started...maybe we weren't even good to begin with and she had just acted relatively nice because she needed something from me to begin with. Either way, I bet she hoped I got lost after our recent encounter or maybe even stumble into of the bottomless caverns I had heard some aliens talking about a few hours ago.

"Compared to most of the creatures here, you got a little bit luckier." Unconsciously, I moved a little closer seeing some weird lizard animal with multiple legs on either side of it body scurry along the wall while avoiding the thrumming colorful root. "Your family seem to have made it. At least you have each other."

I turned away from ogling the stone alien's back and instead focused forward, but nearly stumbled along my own feet when the stone actually spoke to me.

"Not family, friends." It gritted out, the cacophonous grating of its voice nearly sounding like nails on a chalkboard. I held in my cringe though even though my eardrums were ringing. It was not as used as talking as the one stone we had spoken to before. "Family killed...all crushed to death." It said. Its tone was monotonous and cold.

Once again my attention was on it and for a second I wondered if its words had just been a figment of my imagination when it gave no que on whether it had actually said it. But the clenching of its hands caught my gaze and I knew I hadn't heard things.

Deciding to not cause this peaceful yet scary beast any more strife, I kept my mouth shut. It seemed like every creature here had lost someone due to the Dynoats. They all lived peacefully now, yet I knew somewhere deep down they all wanted justice for their lost ones and their pain. While Othana's mentality was okay, hiding would do nothing in the long run. There was only so long they could hide and avoid detection before someone or something slipped up and ruined them. If they were captured, all this hiding would be for nothing. While this sanctuary was a safe haven, and I was extremely happy it was here, I knew that this couldn't be the end for these aliens. They deserved better and they deserved justice. Running and hiding for the rest of her life may be what Othana wanted, but I could guarantee that it wasn't what everyone else wanted. Something had to be done, had to be said to make her realize this. But that was an uphill battle I wasn't trying to fight at this moment.