Truths

Love vs power?

Which one would I choose? To Ivy it may have seemed like a complicated question, but for it was easy. I didn't have to think about it.

"Love." I blurted, kicking a rock into a bush on the side of the path as we slowly trekked back to the village.

Ivy glanced at me like she was shocked by my answer. With my personality, I guess I didn't come off as the type that would choose pesky love, but hell I'm in love what do you expect?

"Love? Why not power?" Her silver eyes gazed at me as light bounced off her hair making the dark purple strands and blue tips look like they were shimmery metallic strands.

One shoulder raised as I shrugged noncommittally. "I have love and I have power. I got the best of both worlds. Powers, they're awesome don't get wrong, but I don't feel the need to walk around like a one-man army anymore. I know how that feels and then I know how it feels to be genuinely loved. And each and every time I'll pick love." My voice got more serious as my direct thoughts turned into a verbal format. "I may sound cliché but hey, what is having powers if you can't share it with someone. You're all by your lonesome with powers that yeah you could kill and get what you want, but I would rather get what I want with someone who cares about me by my side. And when you only have power, but no love, it's a reckless and dangerous game." That's what was wrong with Earth and its civilians. Everyone wanted the power and glory, but on the way they lost the love and compassion.

I cast a glance at Ivy to see her deep in thoughts. A small amount of regret filtered through me as I realized that maybe I shouldn't had been so vociferous with my thoughts. After all this was a sensitive topic for Ivy, and I had just biasedly given her my opinion.

Eyebrows furrowed and hands crossed against her chest, she nodded to herself. "Maybe you're right."

I shook my head. "Uh, uh maybe I'm wrong. Don't you go listening to Avril because I will not be blamed for your sudden disappearance and hooking up with a guy. I'm not going to be the one!"

She giggled, but did not say anything more. For that I was glad. It was depressing hearing about Ivy's situation. To be raised and nurtured to be a fairy and only that, yet to be haunted by emotions that are completely normal but told are wrong.

"Oh excuse my rudeness. It seems like all we have done is talk about me today. Weren't you supposed to be telling me what's wrong with you?"

Feeling like Ivy had revealed a part of me that she most likely never revealed to anyone else, I decided to be fair and just tell her the truth instead of keeping it to myself. Telling her could possibly release the pent up exhaustion and anxiety I was feeling. It would be nice to talk to someone who wasn't a stranger, but wasn't a best friend either. It was a safe route, sort of, because then if she judged me harshly, the backlash would not be as harsh.

"Well as of right now, I've lost three friends it seems. Teelah is after my kindred spirit and no one seems to believe me. I've been having horrible nightmares, and the pressure to save my planet is on." I listed on my fingers while Ivy listened, eyes widening with each problem I told her.

"Pressure is on? I understand your concern but the ship is still not fixed, you can't go anywhere so why so much pressure on something you cannot change as of right now?" Her accent was so strong as she looked me intensely trying her hardest to understand where I was coming from. There wasn't any patronizing, skepticism, or judging in her tone when I said what Teelah was doing and that soothed me. That soothed me a lot.

Shaking my head, I let out an annoyed huff. "You don't get it Ivy, I'm the princess of Terra, soon to be queen."

She blinked once."And?"