His Goals

Roughly, my body was deposited onto the hard chair. Scorn coated my eyes as I stared at the man in front of me, leisurely allowing my tongue to swipe over the cut on my lip. Sweetness exploded on my tongue and I scooted up, righting myself in the chair.

"You're going to have to stop putting your hands on me, Avril." Restrained contempt laced his voice, his chilling eyes matching my glower with one of his own. "I've been very lenient, but my patience runs out."

I released a short, haughty chuckle. The noise echoed in the small room, and I took a moment to glance around. The walls and floors were white. The only piece of furniture was this stupid cold table and two chairs.

I then turned my attention to one of his annoying soldiers who followed him around everywhere he went. Our eyes connected, and I just stared, more like glared, at him hoping he could see how much he was hated as a living being.

Beady eyes widening, they quickly looked away from me and I couldn't hide the smirk. Hell, I wasn't trying to hide it as I turned back to Zeddicus.

Bruising was quickly developing under his right eye. The fact made me chuckle. It was masterpiece done by Avril herself.

"My patience has run out." I rolled my eyes. "Does it hurt you to act like a decent being for a second?"

"If I wasn't decent, you would be dead and not merely sporting a bruised lip from me dropping you in shock." The cruel timbre to his washed over me, his anger exploding out. He slammed his hand on the table, and I jumped. "You would actually be dead for putting your hands on me, Avril."

I didn't say anything. I didn't know what to say. He hadn't exploded on me before and it was like I was falling into a pool of ice cold water. I was letting my mouth and my temper run me. It was well deserved, but it wouldn't help me.

With the malevolence burning in his eyes, the fight in me was dying out and I was just exhausted. "Can you just tell me what you want from me? Can you stop playing with me? Why did you come to Terra? Why did you attack Yetheria? Why?"

"One question at a time." A lazy grin crawled along his face, his body slowly straightening till he was standing well above my sitting height before placing him in the chair across from me.

"Why did you attack Terra? Why do you want to destroy us? What did the Nobellians do to you?"

Still looking at me with that infuriating smirk that probably had the power to bring many women to their knees, like Niet had went on and on about, he repositioned his body on the chair. Extending his body, he crossed his ankle over the other and rested his clasped hands on his hard abdomen.

"To be honest, the Nobellians didn't do much. I mean, Terra is a planet that I could only dream of having for my own. The environment is in one the best conditions I had ever seen on a planet, but besides that, nothing really interests me about Terra as a whole."

"You're lying." I hissed, leaning closer to the table, eyes narrowing at him. "If that's true why have you attacked Terra more than once and abducted Nobellians?"

He tisked as if disappointed that I didn't believe him. He nodded his head towards the door, but I didn't turn to see why. "Come on, beautiful disaster I need you to think. "He tapped his index finger on the side of his temple. "They were both strategic tactics to know the enemy better. The abductions were simply to gather Nobellians."

"So you could test on them like lab rats and find out their strengths and weaknesses?" My mind was going numb. I knew that, but actually hearing it out loud made it a harder pill to swallow.