Chapter Twelve: The Prophecy

Entering the library was a little nerve wracking; I had no clue what they found out or what is going to happen. But I guess this way we at least have a better understanding of what will happen.

"Good you two made it." Draven greets us smiling. Dax, Lane and Trey were sitting at one table with the book that Cain had found, Carmella was at the front chalk board with Draven, so Cain and I went over to the love seat that was to the right of the table of vampires.

"I'm guessing by the smile on your face these three were a big help in deciphering what ever language the book was wrote in." Cain stated as he slung his arm around my shoulders.

"Yes, it turns out this book was written by one of the founding vampires also known today as one of the ancients. This certain man had a gift of visions, but they were all of the future so it took a little while before he started documenting his visions." Carmella explains to us.

"The ancients are respected highly, kind of like your werewolf committee who keeps peace between packs. Only difference is each ancient has a particular power, they are all different powers. There is the vision of the future, telekinesis which involves moving objects with their thoughts and mind reading which works on everyone. There are three families who inherit these traits as the oldest generation passes away and they are the Eddington family who controls the mind reading. The Grainger family who controls the telekinesis, and finally the.." Lane was cut off by the door opening and Jenson walked in.

"The Udall family, my family is who controls the vision of the future." Jenson informs the room, while everyone sits there in silence slowly taking in the new information they have learned. Its deathly silent as everyone just stares at Jenson, William walks in behind Jenson with another book that looks identical to the one Draven has.

"Wait, so that's why you came to me in that abandoned library at Alpha Jason's. You knew the war was happening and you know the out come don't you?" I asked, well more like stated but I was pretty sure Jenson knew something he wasn't telling us.

"Yes that is why I came to you because I knew what would happen if we didn't make some kind of alliance. But no I don't know what the outcome is, that is the problem with these books that my family has kept. If one tiny detail is changed then the whole course of the future is changed. That is why these books are kept together because not all of it will be true. They are visions of the future yes, but each vision is a what if." He explained, but I don't think too many people followed what he meant.

"Wait I'm confused here, so does that mean what we have translated might be wrong?" Carmella asks baffled.

"Yes. Let me put it to you this way, I had a vision of a war that happens but in my vision I hadn't gone to Kat to make a deal or pact or what ever you want to call our little agreement. So I got to see the future play out that way, and let me say in the end it was horrific. So I recognized the land and I went and found her and gave her some information and changed that future. So the vision I seen won't come true because of what I did to change it. So what is written in these books some have come true and some haven't, it all depends on what choices were made as to if the future will change." Jenson and William made their way over to the other vampires and set their books down as well.

"We were just about to explain the prophecy to them Dux Ducis." Trey said as he bowed his head towards Jenson.

"Aah yes the prophecy, feel free to continue they deserve to know but the rest of the research on all the visions will be left to William and myself because of these being my family books." He stated as he eyed up everyone else in the room as if someone would argue with him. Everyone just nodded in agreement, waiting silently for Trey to tell us about the prophecy.