Part 50 - Evils of The World

Waking up to a cool breeze I shiver mumbling about the cold air, "Cain close the damn window." I slur out, suddenly realizing that I feel almost drunk. I am pregnant and can't drink, so what the hell happened to me? I remember having a bad feeling before passing out into blackness, but other than that I have no memory of what happened.

Opening my eyes I cautiously sit up and take in my surroundings, I'm tied around the ankles in shackles and chains that are so rusted they look to be extremely old and outdated. Then again, my surroundings all seem to be outdated almost like I've gone back into time and am being kept in a castle.

Whispering catches my attention and I scan the darkness, my senses are weak but they are still there. I can see figures all in different areas chained up similar to me. Some are cuffed around the neck, some the hands, others their ankles and my skin crawls with the reality of the situation. I don't know where I am, there isn't supposed to be any more stress on me or the baby and I can tell the others here are of all different types of fae so my gut tells me this is about the war.

"Are you truly the legendary wolf to decide the fate of all fae?" a female voice floats over from my left. I set myself so I am somewhat comfortable, hands resting on the twins who are kicking and active which is a good thing.

"That's what they say, but I don't know how." I answer in a quiet voice, copying her. Slowly I can feel whatever drugs leaving my system and I feel stronger. Focusing my eyes I can finally see who is around the dungeon like area.

"Have you come to save us?" an elf child asks as she's cuddled up against her mother to my left.

"Don't be silly child, she has been captured just like the rest of us. How can she save us if she is captured to?" a male elf who looks beaten badly harshly chastises the child.

"How I got to be here doesn't matter, what does matter is staying alive long enough to be rescued or getting out our selves. I promise you I won't leave you behind." I smile at the small child, a sharp laugh cuts through the dark as the area suddenly lights up and a very well dressed elf is standing with a group of finely dressed dwarves, nymphs, vampires and other types of shifters. 

My wolf can scent each species which really makes me worried, so I tamp down hard on my strength and powers so they don't know I am feeling normal now. I take a good look at them all as they smirk cockily at me. I make sure to make direct eye contact with each and everyone of them to show my position. The shifters all look away but the others meet my gaze directly.

"Well now little missy, to bad you've been drugged and can't access your powers and wolf. Your as helpless as a human right now, and actually due to the pregnancy your even more pathetic." they all laugh like it was a funny joke.

"Woopie, can you get to your loudmouthed speech about how evil you are, your plans, how I fall into them and what is going to happen next because honestly I am tired of your voice already and I am feeling very tired. Damn pregnancy is hard on my body to begin with, now that I'm practically human as you so rudely stated, its going to be difficult to stay conscious." his voice was irritating and my hormones were ruling me at this moment.

His cocky smirk faltered as he considered what I said. He strode over and kicked me in the face as hard as he could with his shiny shoes. I had to focus a lot of energy to avoid healing myself instantly.

"Now I feel better, but no now is not the time to reveal anything I just wanted to make sure you were alive and those idiots didn't overdose you. Enjoy your time in the sewers bitch." with that the group walked back up the stairs and the lights went out again. Taking a deep breath I let myself heal and rubbed the blood off my chin.

"Piece of horse..." before I could finish my sentence a woman spoke up.

"Small ears please." reminding me of the children.

"Sorry." I got as comfortable as one could after that kick and just sat thinking while everyone else just stared at me or closed their eyes to sleep. I couldn't feel the bond with Cain and I'm not sure if its due to the drugs or just where we are located. I mean I feel the drugs have left my system because I did heal myself.

"Are you both okay?" I question my wolf and Camira.

"I feel a little weak but I will be okay." Camira says weakly.

"Same, the drugs are gone from our system but they did take our energy away. Just rest and we will be fine." my wolf confirms.

Knowing that everything would be okay I decide I need some information before I can make any kind of decisions. I can see perfectly fine in the dark now thanks to the drugs being out of my system, I don't even question why they are gone earlier then the men believe them to be.

Turning to the female who spoke earlier I decide to try speaking with her. "I'm sorry to bother you ma'am but do you know where we are even?" I speak quietly, even though everyone in the near area can hear what were saying regardless.

"Sorry sweetie, no one here knows where we are. Everyone here was attacked, drugged and chained up here just like you. None of us even know why we're here. They won't say anything to us so we just do what we can to survive." she sadly replies to me. My heart breaks for everyone in here, especially the kids. I mean what kind of evil kidnaps kids and imprisons them like a bunch of wild animals.

Momentarily my anger gets the best of me and a small breeze swirls around everyone down here causing confusion to go around as in all the time they have been down here they have not felt a fresh breeze until now. Realizing what I am doing I quickly tamp down on my powers and take a couple deep breaths to calm down.

"How did everyone come to be here if you don't mind me asking? I just, I need some kind of information to go by to try and get some kind of bearings to get out." I try my kindest voice to convince people to help me. The male elf from earlier that chastised his child spoke up.

"We have been here the least amount of time I believe." he pulls his wife and his daughter closer to him before continuing. "We were traveling for a family wedding when we were attacked on the trip. They told us that we would be useful when the time comes and we have been tied up down here since. They feed us twice a day and they drug us once a week to keep us from being able to escape." well that's something to note.

"Yes they drug us all to keep us from escaping.  I was one of the first ones here, they caught me as I was gardening my walkway. They said the same thing, I was brought here about two years before they showed up." the woman from beside me states. Interesting, they have been taking people for two years, so this started before word got out about the prophecy.

"That was before word got out about the prophecy, so this makes me wonder what this operation is all about. They never said anything about me being chosen or anything just that I am drugged and weak. I wonder if they even know." I question.

"No one here knows what they want with us, we just know they do everything they can to keep us tied up, docile and weak. What I wouldn't give to be able to shift and rip their heads off or something." one of the male shifters spoke up from across the room.

"Well thank you everyone for sharing, I hope we will be able to get out of here soon." I grab my side and cringe in pain letting out a small gasp as one of the twins hits the wrong spot. 

"Rest my child, we will watch for them." The woman beside me states as I nod and get comfortable and let myself rest and fall asleep.