Part 52 : The Grand Escape

Ben came back down some time later with another man, he was vampire. They had more food, some protein bars, water and some weapons. They had blueprints of the building with a path mapped out.

"Okay so we have this set up to happen shortly. This is the path you follow out of here, there will be some stragglers but the main group are gone hunting right now. Most of my men are here, they will all have distinct markings on their faces like war paint so you know they can be trusted." Ben starts explaining.

"I will be with you, my name is Kian. My mate was murdered trying to escape and they offered me place amongst them to try to make amends. I have been waiting for a moment like this to avenge her death for three very long years. We have contacted outside help who are going to be brining vehicles to get us all out of here. There are bombs planted around the building so we have to be gone fast." he points out six places on the map where the bombs are.

"We have a contact in the council who is going to help everyone get back to where they belong, weather it be a pack, colony or if you want to go somewhere else we will set it up. We have contacted Cain and he has a group ambushing the ones who have gone out to hunt, they are ending this ring once and for all. From here the council have been involved and we are working on hitting each of the large resorts and even the small ones." Ben gives more detail so we know what is to come after this.

"Lets go." with that everyone finishes off their food and drinks, some pick up weapons, others shift and we all make our way out of the basement. I am in the middle with the women. Kian is leading with some of our stronger men, the women, children, sick and injured are in the middle and Ben is with a couple of the stronger men at the back.

We start going through the halls, so far so good. We get around three corners when we see a group of guards. Quickly taking them out Kian is silent and deadly, but not quick enough as one of the men hit some red button on the wall and an alarm starts sounding.

"We have to move quickly, that is the alarm saying we have a break in." Ben shouts over the alarm, the tension in everyone picks up and I can feel the strain already of walking but the pace gets faster from here. We come across more men and the fight starts in the tight halls. Once they are ended we continue, I can feel the strain and start to slow down. I don't want the line to break up so I send people in front of me as I keep trying to move.

We get to the main floor and all hell breaks loose as there is a group of men waiting. It becomes a free for all and everyone is now fighting for their lives. The women join in the battle using the weapons provided. I try and stay out of the way, I don't have a lot of energy to spare so I try not to use my powers.

"Trust in us, trust in your friends and trust in our allies." Camilla says as I take a deep breath and focus on what is happening around me. I can see a few injuries but nothing major right now, this is good. Seems my plan to have everyone at full strength has worked out in our favor.

Just as it seems we will be getting out on time, more men show up. I can tell this is a hiccup in our plan when Ben starts cursing.

"This is the group that went hunting, I don't know why they are back." he hollers as he comes running over to me. "We need to get out of this building, it is going to blow up soon. The timer has been set." he huffs and puffs as he holds a sword in each hand, his blades glistening in blood.

"We need to push them back outside, somehow." I look around and see if we don't do something we are going to leave.

"Trust in me." Camilla says again, giving me an idea.

"Call all of our men to this side of the room, leaving them on the other side, I have an idea. But I need you or someone ready to catch me." I look at Ben with a serious look on my face, he just nods.

"I got you." with that I let out an ear piercing whistle that had everyone covering their ears. "To me!" is all I hollered out when the fighting stopped. This caused everyone trying to escape, and the ones helping to quickly leave the battle.

The men looked confused so I took that moment to strike, I let Camilla take full control. Her voice and power boomed through the room.

"You insignificant ants have really angered me and I am not pleasant when I am mad. Feel my wrath." the air around the room started to swirl, I could feel my power draining as well as my strength. Ben put his hands around me to help me stand.

"I told you I got you, do your worst." he smiled and I focused harder on the air. It turned into a swirling tornado with extra force, causing some men to run outside, the ones who weren't quick enough got caught up and started swirling around in circles unable to do anything.

Using all the energy I had left I pushed and forced the wall to burst with my air, sending the men caught in the tornado flying with the debris from the wall. When the coast was clear, I pushed even harder sending them all away from the building. That was all I was able to do, I felt black dots dancing around my site and I felt my body sag into Ben's arms.

"Get everyone out." I whisper, feeling more drained then anything.

"Move, lets go before it blows up." Ben hollers as everyone starts running.

"Go down the road, that is where vehicles are waiting. We need to get to them to be safe." Kian hollers as he helps people get away from the building. When almost everyone was gone, Kian came over and helped Ben carry me out and towards the road. We come up to a group fighting and not doing very well.

"Put me here by this tree and go help." I order them, they leave me leaning against a tree for support a little ways away and go jump in to help. While my eyes were on the fight, I wasn't strong enough to sense that someone was behind me.

I felt something hard hit my head as my body fell forward, I turned last minute to avoid hurting the twins and landed hard on my shoulder, popping it out of place.

"You miserable bitch! I underestimated you and your powers. Now your going to die." the voice snarled out, I couldn't see who it was as they were hiding in the trees. 

"Don't be a coward, show yourself." I called out, the man stepped out of the bush and I noticed he was partially shifted. He had hair all over, his ears were on top of his head, his snout half formed full of sharp teeth and his hands were full out claws.

Before he could even take a step towards me a hand burst through his chest and ripped his beating heart out of his chest. The mans body turned back fully human before dropping to the ground.

"Only I can hurt this woman." said a stone cold voice, no trace of emotion. From the shadows Dax walks out slowly, there is a hint of a smile on his face as he crushes the wolfs heart in his hand. I breathed out a sigh of relief, I didn't have the energy to defend myself. Looking around I recognized my pack, eyes moving around to see Cain, but I couldn't find him.

"He is here somewhere." Dax said as he noticed me looking around. "Lets get you over to him." he bends down and scoops me into his arms, being careful of my large belly. Just like that we were walking down the road as we were all saved and finally free.