Chapter Twenty-five :

I could faintly feel someone carrying me somewhere, but in the state I was in I couldn't bring myself to care. I snuggled closer to the warmth of the person I was pressed against and let myself fall asleep again.

I could feel someone lightly tracing patterns on my face, at first I thought it was Cain and this drama had been a bad dream created by my subconscious because of the stress I'm under.

But then I went to scent out the person and they didn't have a scent. I tried focusing on my wolf but she wasn't there. Then the events of my meeting with the Elders came rushing back and I jumped off the bed and tried to stand up but got tangled in the sheets and fell face first onto the cold hard floor.

The pain shooting through my head on impact caused my vision to go blurry and my hands to shoot to my temples. I laid there in a mass of tangled limbs and sheets in pain while I could hear someone chuckling. Yep definitely a man.

"How do you feel sweetheart?" asked a very familiar voice. I shot up and quickly untangled myself from the sheets to come face to face with no one. What the hell? I know I felt someone touching me as well as heard a man speak.

"Who's there?" I called out, slightly confused but I have all my senses on alert. That's when I noticed that I wasn't in the room I normally am. I don't even think I am in Dax's place any more.

"Do not fret sweetheart, I mean you no harm. You aren't in the plain of the living any more, no you are not dead but you are not alive if that makes any sense to you." the familiar voice floats around me like a gentle caress.

"If i'm not dead how am I not living either?" it really didn't make any sense to me at all, if anything it confused me even more.

"You are in limbo, now please do not 'freak out' as you humans say it. I am going to reveal myself to you." and with that I felt a large gust of wind surround me, kind of like when Camira was using her powers.

A few feet from me a tornado started spinning and starting to take form. Slowly from that form of spinning wind I could make out a tall body, wide shoulders, larger build, medium muscles. The faster the wind spun the more solid the form became.

After a few moments a man who looked to be in his late sixty's stood before me. He smiled broadly at me and out stretched his arms as if silently asking for a hug. Without realizing my body was moving I shot foreword and into the mans arms.

"I have wanted to hug you for so long my little sweetheart. I have missed you so much, when I learned that you would be taking over as the air elemental and would be put through these tests I was furious. You do not need this burden my girl. But I will do what I can to help you without actually helping you because you my girl are going to do great things." he smiled broadly as he tucked my body into his, lovingly and carefully. That's when it clicked in, this is my grandfather, the previous air elemental!

My smile widened and I started to take control over my body once again and hugged him tighter, never wanting to let go. A relaxing happy feeling washed over me as my grandfather hugged me. We stayed that way for a few moments before I reluctantly pulled away, but stayed in his arms.

"How are we in limbo Grandpa?" I asked slightly confused. He smiles and leads me over to an empty space. He stops and says something in another language and suddenly a couch pops out of no where.

"I have summoned you here sweetheart. I know Camira has told you about what will happen if you do not figure this out with Cain. I have summoned you here to try and help you sort this out." he smiled gently.

"But how? Everyone says they can't interfere." I am so confused at his admission that he can actually help me.

"Yes that is true, living people can't interfere. But you see sweetheart, I am dead so I can help." he gave me a wink as he patted my hand. Well he sure as hell felt real so I don't know what to think at this moment.

**** Sorry it's a lot shorter then my chapters usually are but there will lots of information in the next chapter and this just seems like a good place to stop. Like and comment or whatever haha not like I can force you lol ****