Chapter 40 : Can't go back on uneasy feelings

I couldn't stop crying after Cain purposed to me, once the ring was on my finger he stood up and wrapped me in his arms and kissed me deeply as the whole pack thumped tables and cheered for us. I was so happy in this moment, a baby, a proposal, and the support and love of OUR pack. Nothing could ruin this moment.

Cain pulled away and just stared into my eyes, both of us were happy. He smiled as he pulled away from my face, but held my body close against his.

"Everyone enjoy the snacks, visit, remember to leave your questions and this meeting is over." with that he claps once and some people leave, mostly the patrol and fighters as they should be ready to go on duty, but everyone else stayed behind to visit and have snacks.

Cain and I walk down off the stage and immediately are swarmed by the pack with everyone congratulating us, some women wanting to touch my belly, lots of hugs and handshakes, and even some people making bets as to what we are having.

It was heartwarming to see how happy everyone was, how protective some of the members were and just how close our community was. But it was also a long night of people. By the end of it all I was so exhausted that Cain carried me to bed and I fell asleep in his arms.

The next time I wake up, its bright outside and I am in bed alone. Stretching out I get the sudden urge that I have to pee, I move as quickly as I can, noticing that my baby bump has gotten bigger over night I rush over to the bathroom before I have an accident.

After relieving myself I try getting dressed, only issue was none of my pants fit me any more. Even my yoga pants were to tight. Sighing I throw on one of my dresses that is overly stretchy and strapless then I head down to the kitchen, I am starved.

"Good morning Luna." Dax and a group of fighters are in the kitchen getting food and drinks.

"Good morning. So what is going to happen with my training Dax?" I question as I notice my guards slip into the room, I smile at each of them.

"You want to train?" he questions as he looks at me. It seems since our escapades together he has become more talkative towards me. I sigh deeply as I open the fridge and take out meat, eggs, veggies and stuff for an omelet.

"I am getting tired of repeating myself, just because I am pregnant does NOT mean I am glass. I will not break if I do things. Training is even more important now because I need to know how to protect my baby now. I can fight, I can use powers but I need to know the best way to defend myself and my baby." I stood up straight, which really pushed out and made my bump prominent.

As I did that the baby rolled and the movement was clearly visible through my skin, the men in the room just stared and were in awe. Dax sighed as he massaged his temples, he then crossed his arms and looked me in the eye.

"I know your stubborn and once you make up your mind there is virtually no way to change your mind, but is your mate going to agree to this?" he challenged me, knowing Cain would not allow it.

"He assigned me two guards, do you really think he will allow it." I fire back knowing he has me there.

"Fine if you can convince your mate to allow me to train you to defend yourself and your pup, then I will." Dax walked off after telling me that as I sat on the chair smiling to myself.

Baby kicked and my stomach grumbled in hunger so I continued in silence making my omelet, I was hungry and needed food soon. Once I ate I decided on going for a walk, I made sure my guards were near just to make Cain happy and I set off.

It was a beautiful day of birds chirping, a slight breeze blew and the sky was clear blue. I went into the trees near the back of the house and my guards got closer to me, just in case. I just walked and took in the peacefulness and beauty of the summer day. The noises of the animals happily going about their business relaxed me.

An hour into my walk I ran into some of the pack members on patrol, I smiled and waved as they nodded and continued on their way. I decided to head back when I started to get a bad feeling in my gut.

"Something is off." I told my guards, who instantly went into serious mode and came closer to me.

"Luna stay close, we must head back." Lane stated as him and Rob flanked me in front and behind.

"Okay." I quickly mind linked Cain.

"Hun something isn't right. I have a bad feeling and am with Lane and Rob near the western borders. The patrol has already gone by." I quickly notified him.

"Stay with your guards baby, I am on my way with some enforcers." his voice was steady and strong, giving me a little piece of mind that he is on his way.

We keep walking a little ways when something makes noise behind us. The cracking of branches alerted us that who ever is making noise is not worried about being caught. We tried to duck around a tree when a man walked out of the bush near us and smiled.

"Good day for a walk isn't it?" he questioned with a smile. I got a bad vibe off him but he was being friendly enough.

"Yes it is, are you lost?" I questioned, being polite yet at the same time letting him know that he is trespassing.

"Nope not at all Luna." he smirked at me, clearly enjoying himself.

"Well then you know without permission you are trespassing, correct?" I keep my sickly sweet smile on my face as my voice is as syrupy as honey. His smirk falters and I can see him frown briefly before catching on to my sarcasm.

"Why yes ma'am I believe I do." he smiles at me once again, not giving anything away.

"Then I will have my men escort you off our territory." Cains deep voice came from behind me, hiding my surprise I just smile sweetly at the man in front of me. Cain comes to stand beside me, wrapping me in his arms.

"But Alpha Cain, if I am escorted out then I cannot tell you the news I have come from far to tell you." the man smiles, showing a row of jagged teeth. Cain sighs then nods.

"Fine, speak now." Cain stands beside me.

"Here? Now?" The man questions with that smirk still evident on his face.

"Get to the point before I throw you off my territory." Cain growled getting frustrated with the mans sarcasm and snarky remarks.

"Yes Sir, its about the Gnomes. We would like to pledge you our allegiance during the war." he bowed his head. I was still uneasy but he pledged it, which is more bonding then a contract.

"We accept." With those words the bond was formed and there was no backing out of it now.