Chapter Twenty-Four: Two Day Wait

We sat alone with our thoughts for approximately half an hour before the elders emerged again. Both Jensen and I take our seats again as the Elders walk towards their respected seats.

"There is one witch we know that is powerful enough to meddle in affairs of the heart, but for her safety we don't believe we should tell you her name." Elder Avalon spoke as he stared me straight in the eyes.

I didn't back down from his challenge, I held eye contact without flinching.

"With all due respect sir.." Jensen started to speak but was cut off by Elder Sanchez.

"I hate when someone says with all due respect because it is usually followed with a statement that is very disrespectful." He scowls at Jenson.

"Forgive me, but I was merely going to state that I believe Luna Kathryn deserves to know who the witch is so she can figure a way to get her mate back." Jensen knew how to handle the Elders and how far he could push things.

"Yes, and I agree but this particular witch is very important to the Table Of Society, also in the witches coven up the road. But just because we won't tell you her name doesn't mean we won't help you." Elder Sanchez reassures us as he motions towards the guards.

The guard by the door nodded his head and silently snuck out. I felt relief flood over me when they said they will still help.

"So what do I do now?" I looked towards the Elders for guidance. They each held a silent conversation with each other before Elder Mandel spoke.

"Give us two days to get the information that we need and to sort out a rough plan of action. On the third day you may return and we will discuss what needs to be done to rid Cain of this spell." He sat back in his chair to get comfortable and turned towards Elder Breauder.

"We have a few things to research as well, we are unaware of the side effects that will arise with Cain marking and mating with Miss Lemux. As well we would like to keep her alive to see what can be done to help her, if anything." Elder Breauder gave Elder Lemux a quick pitying glance.

My eyes must have changed as a quick moment of anger sparked from within at the fact that I can't kill Holly because all of the Elders sat staring at me.

I could feel Camira pushing for control but I held her back, she was angry and an angry Camira is not a pretty Camira.

"It is OK to speak your mind Luna Kathryn." Elder Lemux spoke in a reassuring voice. So I allowed Camira some control, but I kept her on a leash so if she tried to lash out I could stop her.

Jenson shook his head at me but Camira had ideas of her own at that moment. My eyes bled over to hers and a slight breeze started to swirl around everyone.

"This she wolf deserves the death penalty and I will be the one to deliver it to her. Not only is she a rouge but she took my mate and has disrupted the balance of elements." She spoke of things I didn't know about, but apparently I wasn't the only one.

"What do you mean balance of elements?" Elder Sanchez questioned as every one else perked up and gave their full attention to Camira.

"Each elemental has a separate being for their wolf and their element. Our mate balances both beings out, just like a Ying yang effect. If something disrupts that balance like losing your mate or the feeling of your mate cheating on you it breaks something that I'd very hard to fix in both the element and wolf." She pauses and looks around to make sure everyone understood so far.

Then continued, "This causes the human host to start to lose his or her connection with both element and wolf which will after a long period of time leave that person fully human. That does take at least six months but the effects are noticeable after two weeks." Everyone is silent.

I hadn't noticed anything different other then the pain I feel when I think about Cain and how happy we were.

"We will discuss matters and in two days you may return for an answer and that is final." Elder Avalon speaks firm and stands up causing the other Elders to stand as well.

Jensen nodded his head and motioned for me to get up. I watched as my body in control of Camira got up and followed Jensen out.

"Will I really lose you and my wolf?" I finally ask Camira.

"If our bond fully breaks with our mate, yes." She sounded sad, suddenly she disappeared into the back of my mind.

When I snap out of it I find myself in the front seat of Jensen car. I feel numb at this new problem. I don't know if I will make it two days for answers.

Jensen pulls away from the curb and starts the drive back towards the beach house. I don't know what happened but soon my world went black and I fell asleep.