Chapter 34 : Unexpected Help

After Cain calmed down he joined me in the kitchen for a quick snack, he couldn't keep his hands off my stomach. If he wasn't rubbing or touching me he was staring at the non existent bump with a goofy grin on his face.

"Are you going to be like this the whole pregnancy?" I ask grinning at him, his goofy attitude contagious.

"Of course. I am so excited to meet my little man." I raise my eyebrow in a questioning glance.

"What makes you think my little jelly bean is going to be a boy? What if it's a girl?" I challenge him in a stare off.

"I can't believe you..." Cain didn't get to finish that sentence as the front door banged open and we could hear a whole group of people talking.

"KATHRYNE YOU ARE IN SHIT NOW!" I heard my mother holler from the front door. Cain and I shoot each other a look and quickly run out to greet our guests.

"Mom, daddy what are you doing here?" I question as I stare dumbfounded at them.

"We heard what happened from Cain's parents and came straight away to see my baby girl, only to find out that your pregnant. Care to explain?" my mother placed her hands on her hips and gave me that mothers glare that she has perfected. Even Cain cowered at her glare, which tells you how well its been perfected.

"I am so sorry for not telling you I was coming back, but after the spell broke..." My dad cut me off by embracing me in a hug.

"We aren't mad kitten, don't worry. We understand the need to be with your mate. Also finding out you were pregnant was an accident. We kind of overheard some of the guards in the woods talking about it." he smiled sheepishly.

My mom came and embraced me as well and we stood in a family hug just enjoying the moment. I could feel an onslaught of emotions hitting me at once and braced myself for the tears I could feel stinging my eyes.

"I love you guys so much, believe me if I knew I was pregnant before this you would have known." I cried into my parents arms as they hold me, trying to sooth me.

"We love you to baby girl, don't worry your life is a bit of a challenge right now. We understand." With a kiss to the temple my parents pull away and smile at me. But yet again before we could enjoy a moment one of the enforcers run into the hall hollering for Cain.

"Alpha, something happened to Elder Lemux and Holly has escaped." I tensed at the mention of her name, Cain looked pissed beyond belief.

"Find her, gather groups of enforcers and trackers and find her trail. Make sure she is found, but remember the elder Lemux wants her alive." he barked out orders and the enforcer ran off without any further words.

"Baby I need you to take your parents and go out back to the lodge. Make sure to turn on the extra security once your inside. You and the baby are my main priority so I am going to help find the troublesome bitch." he held my shoulders and stared into my eyes, pleading with me.

"Of course." I smiled up at him and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek then turned around and left the pack house with my parents and a few of the fighters as protection.

The lodge is basically like a giant panic room, only its built out back for the Alpha and Luna in case of a raid or attack of any kind. The only ones able to access the doors is the Alpha and Luna. Of course Cain's parents can access it as well seeing as they are the former leaders.

"Something is off Luna, the door is ajar. Lane and Rob go inside, Jay go check the perimeter. I will stay with the Luna and her parents." with quick nods everyone set off. It was a tense quite that fell over everyone as it seemed everyone was holding their breath in anticipation.

The silence stretched on for what seemed hours until finally we heard struggling and a fight break out inside. Quickly everyone surrounded me, including my parents, to protect me if need be. Lane emerged with a struggling Holly in his arms and Rob walked out dragging an unconscious man. He wasn't familiar to me at all so I wasn't sure who he was.

"The inside is clear sir." Lane spoke as he tried restraining Holly.

"Your horrible bitch! I don't know how you managed to fool Cain again, but he is and forever will be mine." Holly screeched at me as she tried to free herself. I laughed at her, quite literally in her face.

"Do you know how I 'fooled him' Holly? I broke your magical spell from Gisela because I am his true mate. Did you know that while you had him under this spell that his wolf reached out and marked me." I smirked at the stunned look on her face.

"How that isn't possible because he mated me." her face started turning a reddish color with her anger.

"It is possible because yours wasn't a true mark. You used magic to force him into mating with you. Did you know as a power couple we are inseparable? Apparently not. Good bye, Lane please take out the trash." I gave Lane a nod and with that he started walking with Holly, forcing her to go foreword.

"You meddling whore!" Holly screamed as she shifted and instantly attacked me. Before she could reach me Cain's large wolf pounced on her and held her neck to the ground, forcing her to submit. She shifted back to her human form and Lane once again restrained her only this time in magical cuffs from elder Lemux himself.

"Elder Lemux, you are all right. I heard you were injured." I walked over to him with a gentle smile on my face. He smiled at me and lifted his shirt where five claw marks were just starting to heal across his abdomen.

"I did get caught in the cross fire but nothing serious Luna. I am glad that she has been restrained again, do we know who helped her escape?" he questioned as he looked from me to my parents. Rob stepped foreword clearing his throat.

"Elder Lemux, sir, this is the man that I knocked unconscious in the lodge. He was trying to help Holly. It looked as if they were setting up a trap for the Luna in the lodge." Rob drug the body of the unconscious man and dropped him in front of elder Lemux. The man gasped and covered his mouth before muttering the one thing I did not expect to hear.

"That's Chucky, my son! He has been missing since he was twelve." elder Lemux exclaimed.