Chapter Fifteen : Cheating?

The next morning I woke up alone. I have gotten used to it and all so I didn't mind. I did my normal routine of shower, teeth, clothes then wandering down stairs for breakfast.

"Good morning every....." I stopped mid sentence and stood still. The kitchen was empty, that's odd.

"Cain, where are you hun?" I mind link him, confusion evident in my voice.

"Good morning love, you looked so peaceful this morning I decided to leave you sleep. Breakfast is in the fridge, I left you a plate. There were some rogues by the borders this morning so I'm dealing with it. I love you." Came his calming reply.

"Ok hun, I love you to. I will see you when your back." I told him, then cut the link.

Hmm, now what should I do? Well Dax did say to build stamina so guess I will go try that. I forgot all about breakfast, it just wasn't as appealing knowing I'd be eating alone.

So I went to the gym and started stretching, I decided to do some running. About five minutes in it was boring me so I plugged my phone into the speaker system and put it on my motivational play list. First song that started playing was fighter by Christina Aguilera. Nothing like some good music to push me to follow through with my plans.

Four hours later

I lay on the sparring mat drenched in sweat, hell there was sweat in places I didn't know could sweat. I was disgusting, exhausted and felt so much better.

"Good to see your actually listening to me Luna." Dax walks into my line of view smirking that stupid smirk he always has plastered on his face.

"Yeah *huff* I thought *puff* I'd work at it." I manage to wheeze out. He just laughs his amused laugh and walks over to the punching bags, ignoring my presence.

"Kathryn please come to my office." Cain ordered in his Alpha tone.

"Is everything ok hun?" I was a bit confused, he never calls me by my full name, let alone my name at all for one. Two, he never uses his Alpha tone on me because I'm his mate, it doesn't have the same effect on me.

"Do not question me, do as I say and come to my office, now!" He growls out angrily.

Immediately I cut the connection between us. I'm so confused, why Cain being this way towards me? What's changed in the last four hours.

As I'm getting to my feet a searing pain hit me. It started in my chest, feeling like I was injected with silver or something. The pain slowly moved through my body like a poison slowly moving through my veins.

I cried out and collapsed back to the ground. Instantly Dax was beside me, talking to me. I couldn't hear a word he was saying to me, the pain was causing my ears to ring.

"Dax, it hurts! The pain... what's happening?" I cry out to him as tears pour down my cheeks. I could see his lips moving but I still couldn't hear anything he said.

As fast as the pain started, it was gone again. I lay panting on the ground, confused.

"Are you ok?" Dax asks concerned. If it wasn't for the fact that I could barely breathe after that sudden attack of pain I'd wonder what got into him. He was being nice and actually seemed like he cares.

"Yeah the pain is gone now. Do you know what could have caused it?" I asked confused.

"Your mate is cheating on you, that's what happened." Came a reply, but it wasn't Dax who answered my question it was Trey, one of the other vampire warriors that have been helping train the pack.

"Ch-cheating? What do you mean cheating? It's physically impossible for a mate to cheat. You must be mistaken, not Cain." I babbled on for a bit before Trey held up his hand.

"Yes, I said cheating. We were out around the borders when a she wolf shows up and talked to Cain about how they were meant to be together, how she loves him and how you weren't really his mate. Cains eyes glossed over and he started agreeing with her. They shifted and came back here. They are waiting for you in the office." He explained to me.

Before I could say anything in response the pain started again only this time a lot stronger. I screamed out loud and passed out from the pain.

**** Sorry that this is shorter then the other chapters, I just wanted to get an update done for everyone. Thank you so much to those who stuck with this story, I'm glad you all did. Again I'm sorry it took so long to update, it's been tough. But I'm back now so enjoy! :) ****