Shocker times two: chapter 43

The drive to the pack hospital wasn't far, but I was so glad that we drove because I was already tired and I have only been awake three hours. It was currently five fifteen in the afternoon as we sat in the doctors office waiting for her to come in.

Our pack was lucky and had two different doctors, a man and woman, but Cain being the possessive man that he is requested that the female doctor look at me. We are currently sitting waiting for her to come in and start the examination.

"Are you nervous?" I ask Cain as he sits with his knee bouncing.

"Yeah, a bit. I'm also excited and scared. This appointment is going to make things more real." I gave him a look, this is what is going to make it more real.

"Really? You felt the kicks, you have felt the movement but this is what will make it real?" shaking my head I smile and take Cain's hand, stopping the movement of his leg. He smiles sheepishly as he takes my hand up to his mouth and kisses each of my fingers. There is a knock on the door as the doctor pushes it open and walks in.

"Good afternoon Luna, Alpha. Sorry to keep you waiting." a tall, leggy brunette comes in. Her long brown hair is thrown up in a bun with a couple loose hairs hanging in her face. She has thick black rimmed glasses on her face, a light dusting of freckles and honey brown eyes with rosy red lips. She was really pretty.

"Thank you for seeing us on such short notice Angela." Cain was on first name basis, I felt a touch of jealously flair up, I don't think I closed off our connection either because instantly Cain moved closer and gave my hand a reassuring squeeze. My face heated in embarrassment.

"Of course Alpha, it is an honor to be the one to take care of Luna Kat and the pup she carries." Angela bows her head in respect.

"So what all needs to happen today?" I question, feeling the nerves hit me.

"Well first we will collect a urine sample, it will happen every time you come in just so you know. Then we will do an ultrasound, measure the pup and hear the heart beat. I will also give you some paperwork to get some blood work done to make sure everything is okay." she kept eye contact, she smiled and she seemed genuine. That put me a little more at ease around her, smiling I nodded.

"I have noticed that Kat has been getting tired a lot quicker then usual and she sleeps a lot more, is this normal?" Cain asks the question I had been planning on asking, but it warmed my heart even more since he has noticed.

"That is normal although it doesn't usually happen so fast, normally it happens between four and six months into the pregnancy. But with the ultrasound we will be able to date how far along the Luna is then we will know more." she hands me the cup to pee in. "Please Luna, if you can try and get mid stream." she smiled, again I nod and take the cup going into the bathroom.

After peeing in the little cup and washing my hands I leave it on the shelf and walk back out to see only Cain in the room, he smiles and stands up grabbing my hand.

"She will meet us in the ultra sound room. I am so excited now, I can't wait to see our little one." he kissed my lips quickly then lead the way to the ultra sound room. Walking in I see the large machine, the table and a flat screen T.V on the wall in front of the table.

"All right Luna, I will need you to lift your shirt up and pull down your bottoms. Some ladies even prefer taking bottoms right off to avoid the gel getting on them. If you wish to remove them I do have a gown to cover your self with." I was nervous yet excited.

"I will just pull them down." She smiled as she noticed I was wearing sweat pants, she nods and gestures me to lay down. I lay on the bed covered in paper and get comfortable, Angela takes a towel and folds it over the top of my pants and panties, to keep them clean. Then she exposes my belly by raising my shirt up to my breasts.

"Now this is the messy part." she smiles as she squirts the warm gel on my tummy. She uses some kind of wide headed wand to spread the gel, then starts hunting for the baby. The screen shows everything, nothing makes sense at first as she is searching.

Slowly she finds what she needs, does a bunch of measurements, searches for things that I never realized she could see from there. She measured my cervix, found the sac baby is in, found the umbilical cord, then eventually she found baby.

"Okay so see here," she uses the mouse to show us something on the screen. "This is baby's head, if you look closely you can see the mouth here, eyes and nose here and this is the hand. Your little one is sucking its thumb currently." she smiles as she keeps the wand still so we can see.

I have tears in my eyes at the sight of our pup sucking its thumb, I look over at Cain and see he is crying as well. He squeezes my hand and turns towards me with a goofy grin on his face. Angela moves the wand and gasps. Cain and I both turn to the screen as Angela types something into the computer causing the view to change.

"Ah ah! Just as I thought. Alpha, Luna I want to congratulate you, your having twins. That would be why your tired out easily Luna." sure enough on the fuzzy screen it looked like two aliens on the screen. My jaw dropped open and Cain froze at the information.

"T-t-tw-twins?" Cain stuttered out, multiples were rare with wolves as the pups need a lot of nutrition and can sometimes cause complications during birth. Most multiple births end up in the death of one or both pups or the mother.

I couldn't comprehend it, I was having two. Is my pregnancy going to be easy or hard? Are we going to have to decide who survives? My heart sank at the thought of having to chose my life over my kids. I started crying without even realizing it while Cain was still processing things.

"Don't worry Luna, with twins we will watch you even closer then a normal pregnancy and we will do everything in our power to make this pregnancy a healthy one. Do not listen to stories of multiples, it is blown completely out of per-portion. As a medical examiner I have experienced many types of birth and more of them are positive then anything else." Doctor Angela gives my arm a comforting pat.

"Your right, thank you. I will try not worry. This is amazing news regardless." I smile feeling a bit better, still slightly apprehensive but a bit better.

"I'm going to be a daddy." Cain paused as his eyes glossed up and he starts crying again, "TWICE!" he shouts this and runs out of the room like an excited child. This causes both Angela and I to laugh as she finishes up the ultrasound.