Part 49 - It Starts

"Exactly as you fear, the war has started my child. It has not started near you, but the farrier creatures have all decided they know what is best and have started fighting amongst themselves." I can feel a sadness in the air.

"So we have failed." I look down at my hands feeling broken.

"No my child, but you do need to decide something. Something that is not an easy decision." the voice cryptically says. I don't know what to say to that, I don't know if I have it in me to make such a big decision alone.

"You and you alone my child must decide on the fate of all races and decide if there is still good left in this world or if it is now time to wipe the slate clean and start anew. This is not a decision that can be decided by your wolf, Camira or your family." my first thought is my children still in my womb.

"What about my children? If I choose destruction to start over what happens to them?" I question my fears.

"The future is not clear. You must decide, and soon. We will speak again my child, for now think about my question. Is there still enough good in this world that it deserves to live or is evil taking control." with that my vision blurs and I feel that familiar pull in the back of my mind causing everything to go black as I lose what little consciousness I had.

Beep, beep, beep, the familiar beeping of a heart monitor wakes me from my slumber, I slowly open my eyes as I feel something pressing on my stomach. Looking down there is a belt holding pads connected to a machine monitoring something. I feel a kick and the needle moves on the machine, I feel more movement and the needle jerks around the page again.

"It's monitoring the twins to make sure they were still okay when you passed out." the familiar voice of Andre came from my right. Turning my head I smile meagerly at him, he instantly hands me a glass of water and helps me take a sip.

"How long was I out for?" I whispered, relishing in the feel of the water.

"Oh only four hours this time." he smiles causing me to suppress my giggle at his silly joke.

"Is Cain okay?" I ask as I search my mind for our bond, finding the bond I can feel his stress and strain. Pushing warming relaxing thoughts to him I turn to smile at Andre.

"He is fine, worried but fine." he puts down the magazine he was reading and stands to stretch his muscles.

"Thank you for sitting with me. What all happened after I fell asleep?" he raised his eyebrows when I said I fell asleep.

"Is that what happened? The doctors thought it was over exertion on your part and have told Cain you are to be on bed rest from now until further notice." I laughed as Cain and his mother entered with the doctor.

"No I fell into a sleep because the Moon Goddess herself visited me. Well actually according to her she took me to the land of the god's so we could talk. Apparently there have been some Farrier creatures fighting recently and are slowly starting the war. She told me I had an important decision to make, that...." I couldn't spit out the words, it was like I physically could not say what I wanted at that moment.

"What my love?" Cain took my good hand in his. I couldn't say it, then the words of the Moon Goddess resound in my ears 'You and you alone my child must decide on the fate of all races and decide if there is still good left in this world or if it is now time to wipe the slate clean and start anew.'  so that means I can't even talk about it apparently.

Andre, the doctor and Cain all stare at me expectantly, waiting for my answer. I clear my throat awkwardly before finally deciding to skip the main parts.