Chapter 35 : Tender Moment

Elder Lemux stared at his son, Chucky unable to form words. Everyone was shocked as they knew the story of how his son was stolen from them by vampires as a form of revenge. The whole council had spent years and millions of dollars searching for him. Many lives were lost which almost started a war.

"Why would he help his sister?" elder Lemux questioned, more to himself then to anyone else.

"Lets allow him to wake up and we can speak with him. You are more then welcome to stay if you wish or we can put him in the van with Holly and transport him back with you. It is your call elder Lemux." I spoke softly.

"Yes lock him in the truck, as much as it pains me he still helped commit something as horrible as separating mates. I will keep in touch with what I come across." I nod my head as Chucky is hauled over to the truck already holding Holly.

Elder Lemux and his group left soon after as it will be a long drive home, I rubbed at my belly without realizing what I was doing as I made my way back to the pack house. I knew Cain would be back any moment and want to see me.

Some days that man is so over protective I can't stand it, other days I find it so adorable and cute. But I will never admit that to Cain, I thought to myself as I walked back to the pack house. I was a few feet away from rounding the corner of the house when Cain came barreling around the corner.

"Are you and my babies okay?" He questions while in a bit of a panic, his arms stopping me from hitting the ground.

"Babies?" I raise my eyebrow as I give him the what did you just say look. He smiled sheepishly as he looked down at me and put a hand on my belly.

"Are you okay my love?" he gently caressed my belly as his other arm is wrapped around my waist. I smile softly up at him as he leads me back to the pack house carefully.

"I am fine, everything was handled and I was kept out of the way. Lets go in and sit, I am feeling awful tired for some reason. Might just be all the excitement." he smiled and gently gave me a kiss then led me inside. He didn't stop to talk to people and took me straight upstairs to our bedroom.

"Here lay down, put your feet up and rest. I have a few things to do but I promise I will be back as soon as possible. Do you want to watch TV or visit with someone?" He was being so sweet that I couldn't help but tear up and start crying.

I smiled as the tears started to run down my cheeks, Cain noticed right away and was instantly by my side trying to stop the tears from falling.

"What's wrong?" he whispered softly as he caresses my cheek.

"I am overwhelmed by you some days. In a good way, don't worry. I just, your amazing and I am so lucky to have you in my life. I just, I am having troubles coming to term with the fact that we are starting a family." the tears started falling faster until I was full out crying.

Cain just sat there holding me, running his hand gently up and down my back until I calmed down and quit crying. I rubbed furiously at my eyes feeling exhausted all of a sudden.

"Are you better now my love?" he spoke quiet and gently as he pulled slightly away from me.

"Yeah I am tired though, I need a cold glass of water and a nap I think." I looked at Cain pleadingly, he chuckled at me and rubbed my belly. He whispered something that I couldn't hear to my tummy and walked out of the room smiling ear to ear.

I crawled into bed, covered up and passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Cain POV

"Yeah I am tired though, I need a cold glass of water and a nap I think." she looked up at me through her lashes with those beautiful purple puppy dog eyes, begging me to do it for her. I chuckle at her and rub her belly, leaning closer and whispering to my baby.

"Be nice to mommy little peanut." I got up and walked out of the room with a goofy grin on my face. I went straight towards the kitchen to get that cold glass of water, knowing she would be sleeping by the time I get back.

Thinking I should be smart I add half a glass of ice before filling the rest up with cold water out of the fridge, this way her water will be cold when ever she wakes up. I smile at how much that woman has changed me, for the better of course.

I would never have been this thoughtful before I met her, back then it was all about allies and strengthening my pack. Now she is my world, and soon we will have a baby to take care of. I wonder how everyone is going to take the news. I know everyone is worried about this war so maybe it would be a good thing to announce the heir to the pack. I have to ask Kat about that.

I sneak back upstairs to see her sound asleep in bed already, I knew that would happen. So I carefully set the glass down and tip toed out of the room, gently shutting the bedroom door. I walk towards my office knowing that my Beta will feel like drowning himself with all that paperwork I have left him with. I have seriously been slacking in the department of being Alpha.

I head down stairs with thoughts of my beautiful family on my mind, and head to the office to try and catch up on paperwork. With this war looming above our heads and meetings upon meetings that need to happen, plus I need to keep the other packs straight that everything is all right between us, this next while is going to be stressful and hell on everyone.

But my main goal is to make things as easy as I can on Kat. The mother to my child, the love of my life, the best thing that has ever happened to me. I wonder if she will accept to be my wife??