Chapter 29 : Fresh Wounds

After the best sandwich of my life I sunk my body into the warmth of a bubble bath, purely enjoying the feel of relaxation taking over me. I could feel myself starting to fall asleep but I was not going to stop myself because I need this.

I go from being warm then cold within seconds, I can feel my body moving on its own accord. I shiver from the drop in temperature. My eyes are heavy but my senses are on a high, I can hear the wind, feel the body carrying me, smell the crisp snow on the ground.

"Do not fret mi amor. You are safe and sound in the bath tub at home, but your mind was calling to your mate. You will not be able to open your eyes but I have allowed your senses to run free." I can feel every foot step this person takes as I gently bounce around in his arms.

"If my mind was calling to him how am I here yet at home in the tub? You aren't making sense. Plus who are you? I am so confused." I rambled on until I could feel the body vibrate in laughter.

"Mi amor, you are so beautiful when confused. Please know that no matter what happens you can never truly lose something that belongs to you." His husky voice gets deeper as he talks.

"Why won't you answer my questions?" I am starting to get frustrated and it tells in my tone.

"You mi amor are curious, fine I will tell you this if your mind which is also your wolf and element would have managed to reach the man they were calling for they would have sealed his fate with that thing he is with now because of the magic surrounding him. We can't allow that to happen, although I don't know how this is possible either I am glad it has happened." He kissed my forehead and I felt elongated canines, fur and a wet cold nose.

"You're not fully human are you?" I asked, extremely curious now. He chuckled as he sat my body down onto some soft snow, it wasn't cold like I had imagined it would be. Suddenly I feel his body spooning with mine as his hands play with my hair.

"Correct mi amor, I am part me and part my other half. The only downfall is that neither of us want to leave you." I felt a kiss to the crown of my head, I could feel my face heat up as a blush crept up from my neck to my cheeks.

I sigh feeling content and happy laying here in his arms, I may not know who it is but I have the same feeling as I do when I lay with Cain. Then an idea hits me, maybe somehow it is Cain's wolf.

"When you say you don't want to go back is it because of Holly?" I could feel his body tense up, which means I am right. I turn in his eyes and press my lips firmly against his. I can feel the canines but I don't care. Somehow my mind is with Cain or his wolf or I guess a combination of the two of them.

He gently pulls me off of him and strokes my cheek lovingly, he sighs deeply and mumbles something that sounds like the words "fuck it" and his lips are pressed firmly against mine as he flips so he is hovering over top of me, his large body between my legs. I can feel his hardening length press against my inner thigh as our kiss heats up.

Hands flying everywhere, feeling, caressing and just enjoying each other's bodies. I moaned into the kiss as he pulls my hair tilting my head for better access to my neck. His kisses go to my mark and he bites down onto my neck again, causing me to cry out in pleasure.

Slowly things start to fade away from the scene taking place, his touch gets lighter and lighter. All I hear is a whisper on the wind as Cain disappears.

"We both love you mi amor, we are both thinking of you all the time. Be strong." And with that everything goes black.

I shoot up from my laying position in the bath tub, spilling water around the whole bathroom. I didn't realize it at first, then I cursed out lout at my stupidity. Before I could stand up out of the bubbles the door burst down, letting the water run out of the bathroom and into the hallway.

"Are you ok?" a worried Jenavive stood in the doorway looking at me.

"Yeah I had just fallen..." I didn't even get to finish my sentence when all of a sudden Jenavive had me picked up and zoomed into the bedroom, wrapping me in the blankets.

"What the hell have you done to yourself? Your bleeding and bad, how do you cut your shoulder?" She fires question after question towards me as she flashes around the room gathering medical supplies.

I sit there dumbfounded at her questions, my shoulder? I think my confused look startled her more then the blood. As she calms down I finally find my voice.

"What do you mean what's with my shoulder? I didn't cut myself." I turn to look at my shoulder and I can't see anything through all the blood. Jenavive is beside me in a flash with some towels and rubbing alcohol.

"Jensen told us that you are practically human again so we need to clean this and wrap the wound before it becomes an infection. Please don't fight me Kat, and just let me do what I need to do." She implored, asking with her eyes.

I just sighed and allowed her to clean my arm. She started by carefully dabbing the blood with the towel which was just smearing the blood. As I watched Jenavive clean me up my mind drifted back to the dream, it felt so real and so nice. Before I knew what was happening I was crying, of course Jenavive thought it was because of her cleaning the wound as she is lightly dabbing and apologizing as she does this.

"I am so sorry Kat, I know it hurts but it has to get cleaned. Don't cry, we will get you fixed up I promise." She speaks softly and caringly. That made me giggle a little bit, causing me to hiccup. She smiled as I gained control over myself so only a few tears were rolling down my face.

"It doesn't hurt I promise Jenavive, I'm crying because somehow Cain and his wolf reached out to me to tell me how much they love me and did this to my shoulder. I don't know how and I know I'm not crazy but they were there." I smiled lovingly as I thought about his last departing words, how they are always thinking of me.

Once the blood was cleaned up it showed that indeed my mark was back, unsure about how this works I went out to find Jensen and Gisela. Jenavive was hot on my heels because she didn't want me fainting or anything from the loss of blood.