Chapter 28 - Cravings?

I could feel tears well up in my eyes as everyone stared at me with a combination of pity and being shocked.

"Yes it is true, which is why this was such an urgent matter. I was not bull shitting when I said I need to get this sorted out. I still feel the mate bond but only as much as I can feel my wolf or Camira. I can't shift or control much wind as it takes to much strength, which I am also losing fast." I felt a couple tears pour over but I refused to break down and cry. I need to stay strong and get through this to get Cain back.

"Then let's get started on the plan Luna Kathryn. You said you wanted to contact Dax, Jensen if you would be so kind to contact him for us." Jensen nodded his head. "Now what do you have in mind Luna?" Elder Avalon asked me as he wrote down Dax.

"Well I would like help from the pack, as they know I am true Luna as well as Cain's true mate, then they shouldn't have any issues in trapping Holly as her command shouldn't have any power over anyone. But for Cain, seeing as he is the Alpha I was thinking we would need to get him away from the pack. Perhaps near the borders. I will be there as bait but I was wondering Jensen if you think Dax's family would help restrain Cain?" I didn't like the thought of Cain being restrained but it had to be done. I could feel my wolf stir as well as Camira but nothing happened after that.

"We will bring them here and ask them." Elder Mandel said and nodded towards a guard who left the room immediately. As everyone set the plan in motion all I could do was hope that we get this sorted out before something horrible happens, something like me losing my wolf or element.

"Hang in there you two, please just hold onto hope. We will get things figured out. I promise." I vowed to my wolf and Camira. I couldn't lose them, I need them, and Cain.

Once everyone was escorted into the room everyone was briefed on the plan, all we were waiting on was confirmation from Dax that anyone from the pack would side with me and help restore me to the Luna position. But Dax did confirm that she doesn't have any control or say over any of the pack members.

He was ready for this to end so we can continue preparing for the war, in other words he was just looking for an excuse to beat my lazy ass up again. So now that things are set in motion all that is left is to wait on Dax to return and give us the go. I made sure to stress the importance of this as I am losing myself and my beings the longer this takes so at least he understands this.

I find myself back at the main beach bungalow dwelling that Dax originally took me to, I am lying on the bed ready for a nap when I start to feel a slight pain in my lower abdomen. Not thinking anything of it I decide maybe some food and a hot bath are more appealing.

I drag myself out of bed and down the stairs towards the kitchen. The feeling is still there in my lower abdomen but it's not painful, it's annoying but far from painful. Once in the kitchen I strain my ears to see if anyone is around but I can't hear anything so I just start humming a song I heard on the radio as I make myself a sandwich.

Deciding on a bacon lettuce and tomato sandwich just because I want bacon I pull out the package of ready crisp bacon and throw it in the microwave. Pull out the lettuce, tomato, cheese and mayonnaise and set it beside the bread. My tummy grumbles happily at the thought of bacon so I know I better make this an amazing sandwich.

With a diabolical grin I add more bacon to the plate and restart the microwave. Carefully I slice the tomato into nice thick slices and peel a couple leaves of lettuce off. I pop the bread into the toaster and remove the bacon.

My mouth is watering now as the smell of the bacon mixed with the toast over powers my senses. Once the toast pops I butter it, put the mayo and cheese on, and then layer my sandwich. It starts with bacon, then tomato and lettuce, and finally another layer of bacon before the final piece of bread.

I cut it diagonally and place the piece of art on a plate, grab a glass of milk and start my way back upstairs. Before I could get out of the kitchen Gisela was standing there smiling at me.

"Cravings?" she asked with a cheshire grin.

"Just hungry and bacon sounded real good. Why what's up?" I question her, feeling suspicious of her question. The only thing I could think of was she believed me to be pregnant. I would know if I were, wouldn't I?

"Oh nothing, I was just wondering." She smiled again and turned on her heel and walked away. I stood there for a few minutes trying to figure out what the hell had just happened. My stomach let out an all mighty grumble in protest to me not eating the wonderfully amazing sandwich I created so I let it be and went upstairs to run myself a bath and eat my damn sandwich.