Chapter Sixteen : The Green Eyed Monster

Dream:

Opening my eyes to a bright white light my first thought is am I dead?

"No child, you are not dead. I put your body into a dream like state so the pain wouldn't kill you. Your next test has begun, I cannot tell you what it is, but I will tell you not everything is as it seems. Believe in your self and stay true to your heart and I believe you will succeed." A voice echoes around me.

"Why would the pain kill me?" I ask curiously as I lay on a cloud. It feels like my body is floating, it's both calming and peaceful.

"The pain of a mate cheating is excruciating to begin with my child, but because you and Cain are a power couple the pain is ten times worse." The velvet like voice speaks again, echoing around me like a soft caress.

"Why is he... I mean how is he... cheating?" Tears well up in my eyes as I think about Cain hurting me this bad on purpose.

"I cannot answer that just yet child, please remember what I have told you. It is time to wake up now. Be brave." With that the floating feeling started to disappear and everything went black.

End Dream

I could feel the hard floor beneath me while two pairs of hands are feeling me. One pair of hands is on my neck checking my pulse while the other pair is shaking me.

"Oh no, what have I done? Please wake up Luna, I didn't mean to." Trey was talking as he checked my pulse.

"You can be such a dolt sometimes Trey." Dax ground out as a smacking sound could be heard.

"Look she's waking up." Trey noticed as I tried to sit up. Hands helped me up by pulling my hands while another pair pushed my back. Once I was sitting my had started to spin and I wobbled.

"Keep your eyes closed, how you survived him marking another she wolf I don't know, but you are one heck of a woman." Dax complimented me.

As soon as those words registered with my wolf I didn't even feel the shift happen. Next thing I comprehend I'm in wolf form running to Cains office. I faintly register the foot steps of Dax and Trey behind me as I throw my giant wolf body through the door.

The sight before me was crushing, Cain was naked laying on top of another she wolf with his teeth in her neck while they finished the mating. The she wolf was pinned stomach down on Cains desk groaning and calling out his name.

Camira lost her mind, between the pain we were fighting, the betrayal, and the anger we feel all we could see was red. It doesn't help that everything was intensified because me, Camira and my wolf were all feeling the same emotions and pain.

A strong gust of wind rose up sending Cain through the wall and into the next room. I also picked the naked woman up and sent her through the wall on the other side of the room.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?" I growled out, but my voice was distorted, it was a combination of all three of us in my body.

Cain pushed the rubble off him and stood to his full height, trying to intimidate me. I use my air to bring him closer to me, choking him in the process without realising it.

"I asked you a question mate, what do you think you are doing?" I growled out again and held Cain up in front of me.

"I just marked and mated my true mate! You can't use witches magic on me any more you air bending freak!" He yelled in my face, trying so hard to break free.

My anger got the best of me and I lost it. I could feel the powers of both my wolf and Camira flowing through me.
Cain started choking and turning different shades of red from lack of oxygen. I was slowly killing him, and still felt angry.

I could feel the pain I was causing him through the mate bond but all it was doing was fuelling my anger towards him.

"Kat, please enough. Use your head and think this through before you act drastically." Dax yelled at me over the roaring of the wind.

It was like a light switch went off and I remembered something from my dreams.

"Your next test has begun, I cannot tell you what it is, but I will tell you not everything is as it seems. Believe in your self and stay true to your heart"

Right away I took one last look at Cain and used my powers to get out of there as fast as I could. I needed to go somewhere that I could think and try to figure things out. As I was leaving I could hear Cain telling out orders.

"Find her! She hurt your Luna and tried to kill me, your Alpha. She has committed treason against the pack! Bring her back here doo she can be taught a lesson!" He roared to the pack as I flew away.