Chapter Nine : The Air Element

Kat's POV

I could feel tingles erupting all over half of my body while I lay on something comfortable and warm. My body ached and my head felt like someone was trying to split it like fire wood. I groaned out as I tried to move my body and instantly the tingles shifted positions.

"Careful my love, you are going to be sore and weak at first. Your body has been through hell and back." Cade says right next to my ear. I let out another groan as my body protests to any and all movement. Cain immediately helps me to a sitting position on the edge of the bed.

"Why do I feel funny?" I whispered out in a hoarse voice. It didn't hurt or anything so I don't understand why I can't talk properly.

"Baby, you are no longer possessed by the demon, but during the exorcism Draven accidentally removed your element. You have passed out from lack of energy for just over two weeks." Cain hesitated while waiting for my reaction; it didn't fully register at first. My mind was still a little groggy from being so weak.

"So I... wait does that mean... is that why I feel so weird?" I question feeling a bit better the longer I sit up. My stomach chooses the worst times to alert the world that I am hungry, and yes you guessed it right before Cain can answer my questions my stomach lets out a vicious roar. Cain chuckles at me as I smile a bit embarrassed.

"Let's feed you something before we go into details. Besides, Draven and Carmella will be able to explain things to you better then me." With that he kissed my cheek and picked me up bridal style and carried me down the hallway of the small cabin and into the kitchen.

As soon as we got near the kitchen I could hear Draven and Carmella whispering to each other. As soon as we got closer they abruptly quit and tried acting as normal as they possibly could. I tried my best to hold in my laugh at their actions, because as soon as we walked in they both had a guilty look on their faces that screamed 'hand caught in cookie jar'. I stifled my giggles by snuggling closer into Cain's chest and inhaling deeply, allowing his scent to calm me down.

"Kat, we have some things to discuss." Draven states, not wasting any time pussyfooting around. I just nod my head indicating for him to continue as Cain made me a plate of food.

"We did manage to expel the demon, but there were more then one problem that arose. First we accidentally took your element and trapped it in the mirror. But Draven spoke to someone more experienced then us and it is a simple task to return it to you." Carmella quickly explained trying not to go into too much detail, yet still tell me the truth. Draven cut her off and continued to explain things to me.

"The other problem that arose, the demon Belial did not stay contained in the mirror we used for him. We aren't sure how that happened because Carmella had sealed the mirror before he had any chance to escape. But upon inspecting the mirror his spirit is loose. We do not know where he is so the pack members could be in danger. I am not sure what he will do being as he is free, but with the help of your pack Carmella and I can do a perimeter spell that will exile Belial but it will only work if he is in his spiritual form." Draven hadn't looked up from his plate the entire time he spoke; I knew he was blaming himself for this mishap. He went quiet as if deep in thought over something, so Carmella continued with the information on this spell.

"If Belial is in spirit form this spell will expel his spirit out side of your territory, where we will hopefully be able to manipulate his path so we can catch him before he fully disappears, but that is not of your concern. What is of your concern is if Belial has already possessed someone else, if he has then this will bind that person inside the barrier. Which will in turn make it easier to find him but at the same time it is not safe for the person he has taken over. It could be the cause of their death." Carmella looked down and avoided eye contact when she said he could cause the death of one of our pack members. I wasn't sure what to think, this was a lot of information to take in at once. I turn and look at Cain to see him deep in thought as well.