Part 51 : Not Part of the Plan

The brightness of the lights turning on woke me up from a nice peaceful sleep, I was stiff and sore but I still slept good. Sitting up there are a couple of the shifter men bringing down food for everyone. Quickly I dull my powers so they think I am still drugged I sit up leaning against the wall like last night.

"All right you all know the drill, first your needles then you eat. Except you, boss said your still doped up so you just get food and since your pregnant you get real food." he put a cold bowl of stew and a bun with butter down near me while everyone else got stale and questionable looking bread and a watered down version of my stew with a lot less in it.

Once everyone had needles and food they left the area, I quickly used my food to help beef up some of the weaker looking and the children before I sat and ate the watered down portion that was left for me. After eating and talking some more with the people down here I have learned of groups of fae that have been kidnapping for slave sales, for breeding purposes, and for fight rings. This is what we all have to go on, thinking this is one of those rings.

After feeling tired like normal, I have a bit of a nap and this is how our days pass. Visiting, trying to pass around ideas, getting fed, and once in a while someone will come down and leer at us or try to push around their power.

It's been about four days now I'm guessing when they come down and plan to actually give me my needle. We all now have a plan and this is exactly what we wanted to happen, only it was the first needle that got missed. As the elf tried to needle one of the shifter men he moved and the elf stabbed himself. Quickly using my strength I knock him unconscious and we empty the needles so it looks like everyone was given one.

When the elf didn't come straight back up someone came down looking for him, a vampire. He sees his buddy laying on the ground and quickly runs over. After checking for a pulse he hits a button on the earpiece he's wearing.

"Boss I found Ben knocked unconscious, but everyone has been given their needles and food." the reply came over the radio static.

"Make sure everyone is still chained up and find out what happened." with that the vampire hauls the elf into a sitting positoin and slaps him a few times to wake him up.

"Hey man wake up, what the hell happened." the elf wakes up and rubs the back of his head and winces in pain.

"I honestly don't know, something hit me in the back of the head. I think everyone got their needles." he looks around and sees that we are all eating which convinces him that he did his job.

"Your sure?" vampire presses.

"Yeah man i'm sure, needles and food were passed out then I must have been hit by falling debree or something because it came out of no where. No one down here is strong enough to throw it and knock me out." he defends himself as they make their way up the stairs together ignoring us all.

Once they were gone and the doors were shut the whispers and giggles start up from the people who were excited that it actually worked. Phase one of my plan is to do this every time they want to give us needles so we can all build our strength back.

We weren't able to tell time down here, we only had the routine of when they come down to feed us, so we know its some kind of meal time. Days blur together and no one really knows how long we have been down here. But now everyone is pretty much back to full strength so the  day to escape is coming near. I am currently sitting with some men trying to devise a plan when the door opens so we quickly part to make it less conspicuous.

"We need to chat." the elf named Ben was standing at the doors with his arms crossed. He tries to look intimidating, and he does but not to me.

"I am tired. Just speak." I tell him from where I am laying. It is honestly getting really hard to do much any more as the days get nearer my due date.

"I want to help you all escape. There is a group of us who don't agree with the things happening here. Especially since they have recently learned you are the bringer of fate." his voice drops, "There are about fifty of us that want to right the rings around the world. We have been trying to sabotage them from the inside but we haven't been able to. But with your help we feel it would benefit at least this area." I use my powers to probe his heartrate, his honesty and to try and tell if he is telling the truth.

"You are truthful. I can see the purity in your heart and your determination. Tell me, how big is this operation then?" using my powers has left me tired already. I need to get home and soon if this is how things are turning out.

"This is one of three world wide main bases. There are over six hundred smaller sub offices they use for trafficking's. That is why there are so many people kept in cells at a time, that is why they are kept for so long as well. They try to get rid of their identity before a sale. What can I do to help you? I have been lessening the doses you have been getting, do you feel stronger?" he questioned, I laughed out loud.

"That is not a worry, we are all almost full strength. We haven't been getting the needles since the day you were suspiciously knocked out." I admitted.

"What are you doing? We can't trust him. He has been a tormentor just like everyone else! How can you be so sure he won't betray us?" one of the vampires ask from the dark.

"He is pure of heart, if he was lying he would have a tell tale sign. Plus, with everyone up to their full strength you can smell a lie the same as myself." I turn back to the elf. "We need a way out, and we need to do it soon or I will go into labor and I am already losing energy faster every day. I won't be able to do much if this plan is to work." I tell him and he nods, he looks at everyone and speaks with honesty.

"I will speak with the group that is willing to help, we will figure a plan and let you know. It will happen within a day or two tops. I promise." he crosses his arm across his chest and bows his head, this is a silent vow made only at a time of war.

"You can reach my mate for additional help. Cain is probably losing his mind without me and the twins by his side." I am hit hard with a sadness that causes physical pain as the bond snaps angrily. I gasp as I grab my heart and my stomach, tears streaming from my eyes.

"I will. I promise, I will be back." with a nod he turns and leaves as a few women come and comfort me as I cry, the pain not lessening the more I think about my mate, my love, the father of my children. 'I love you Cain.' I think as I fall asleep sitting up.