Changes

Yeona's POV:

*sigh*

I've been looking all day...non of the places I went to were available...

This is the last building, I hope I could find an apartment to rent here or I'll be sleeping outside for the rest of the semester.

I took in a deep breath and went inside towards the landlord's office...

*knock knock*

"Come in."

I entered slowly while closing the door behind me as I faced the busy man...

"Excuse me, are there any apartments left for rent?"

Please say yes, please say yes...

"Oh, you're looking for a place to stay? You're a high schooler right?"

I nodded.

"Well, it's your lucky day, there's only one apartment left."

I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding.

"Really?! Thank god!" I exclaimed in happiness and relief as he handed me the papers to fill in, including my information and the apartment's information and facilities as well as the price- what the...

"4 million KRW?!"

"Yes. Apartments can be quite pricey these days my child." He said as I sighed.

I only have 4.5 million won..if I spend the 4 million for the apartment, I'll be left with only 500,000 won.

Surely the key money is high, but on the upside, the monthly rent is quite affordable...

Plus, I don't have other options at the moment.

"Fine. I'll take it."

"Excellent. You may move in next week."

I signed the papers and took care of the key money payment then thanked him and headed outside.

I'm only left with 500,000 won now...better step up my game at my part-time job if I wanna survive.

I took in a deep breath as I placed the documents in my backpack and started walking away.

Hello there, I'm Park Yeona. I go to Haneul High School. I'm currently in my second year of high school and I'm 17 years old. My parents are separated so they both live apart, I live with my mum who works at a hospital, but lately, I've noticed that her payment at the hospital doesn't really help her in bills and home supplies, much less raising a daughter on her own.

So I decided to move out.

Finding my own place will not only decrease the pressure on her, but will also allow me to experience a new lifestyle and will teach me to be responsible for myself and be independent.

I told my mum not to worry since she was against this idea but I insisted. Mum might not show it, but I know that having me around is pressuring her and stressing her out. I know she loves me more than anything and that she wants what's best for me but I don't like seeing my mum worn out from late shifts at the hospital to deciding what to buy and what's not necessary at the moment because we can live a few days without it.

So now...and after looking into more that ten buildings, I've finally found an apartment. Luckily, it isn't that far from school and, even though the key money was kinda high price, its monthly rent is actually good for what I take at my part-time job.

I work at a grocery store near my school and my boss is a really sweet old lady. She's always nice to me!

In general, my life is actually good so far, more or less, however...