Comfort & Candles

Yeona's POV:

"Today's Hyunjin's birthday..."

I seriously thought I might have hearing issues

Did he just say that today is... Hyunjin's birthday?

"W-What..."

If today's his birthday as well as it is his parents' death anniversary, then...

"Then that means..."

"Yes," Chan continued for me, "Hyunjin's parents died on his 6th birthday."

We stayed silent. I stayed silent.

I couldn't even imagine what Hyunjin was feeling right now

And it's not just right now. Each and every single year, on his birthday...it means that he had aged another year yet it also means another year passed after his parents' death...

I suddenly stood up

"Where are you going Yeona?" Asked Jisung from behind me.

"I'll look for Hyunjin." I said back without turning as I found my way towards the exit.

No one's POV:

"No wait!-" Felix was about to stop her but Chan held him back,

"Leave her. Maybe she can make him feel better in her own way."

Felix sighed and sat back down, "Maybe...I hope."

"That is if she found him." Stated Minho as the rest looked at him, "Hyunjin really disappears all day and we never found him anywhere when we tried looking for him in the past years."

"I hope she finds him and comforts him." Added Changbin.

>>Time Skip>>

Yeona just ditched school for her first time, or second,(considering the time when she hopped off the school fence with Hyunjin) and was looking for Hyunjin everywhere.

She went back to his house and searched all over it but he wasn't there.

Nor was he at the cemetery.

Not even in any of the cafés in the neighbourhood.

Yeona glanced at her watch, 5:30 PM.

It's almost sunset now and it will get dark soon, she has to find him quickly.

She even went back to his house again in case he returned while she was looking elsewhere but still no trace of him.

Until Yeona got a exhausted and decided to take a break on one of the benches in the park that's near Hyunjin's house.

As she sat there, she sighed, thinking out loud,

"Where are you Hyunjin?"

"I'm right here."

She quickly turned around at the sudden voice but saw no one.

Just a big tree behind her bench. But as she leaned to the side a little, she spotted his long legs spread on the grass,

"Hyunjin!" Yeona quickly stood up and went behind the tree.

There he was

He was sitting there behind the tree, alone, picking at the grass beneath him. His hair covered his eyes while he looked down and stains made by his tears were clear on his cheeks.