The tears wouldn't stop flowing as well.

"All I wanted was....... All I wanted was...!!"

I cried so hard that I could no longer express what I wanted to tell them properly.

'All I wanted was for you two to be my family.'

Those were the words that I wanted to whisper to them. However, I couldn't seem to say it anymore. Because right now, I plainly wanted to cry as much as I wanted.

I usually prevented myself from crying this way. But strangely, I couldn't recompose myself right now despite the effort that I put into it.

Ahh....... I'm sure of it. I'm the most pathetic among all of the pathetic adults out there... I sarcastically thought.

They used to say that the more a person cried, the further he or she gets stronger.

I, myself, was unaware whether that saying was a fact or a bluff. But rather than that,

Right here, right now, I promise to myself.

This will be the last time that tears will come out from these eyes of mine.

I will no longer regret my decisions no matter what kind of result it may have in the end.

I will keep moving forward and give my outmost to forget about the unceasing pain that makes my chest feel tight.

And most of all, I won't expect for anything anymore.

When I opened my eyes, it was morning already. However, it seems like I woke up too early that the scenery still looked dark.

I slowly got up from the bed with a drowsy look on my face.

Seeing that I was in my room, I must've fell asleep soon after I cried so hard within Lucian and the Duke's embrace. It must've been the influence of being in a child's body.

*tap tap* I gently walked toward one of the windows.

As I kept moving my feet, I stared at the faint light that came from the casement with a blank face.

And when I reached its side, I grabbed the curtain that blocked the light from passing though and pulled it to the side.

Afterwards, I set my eyes onto the scenery outside.

".....It's so beautiful.", I unconsciously murmured.

The view was just too wholesome that my mouth moved by itself and voiced some words aloud.

I was impressed, having to see an image that I only considered as something that would get visualized only in fairytales, not until now.

The sun that brightly shone behind the faraway mountains looked so stunning and fascinating.

The pinkish color of the skies was quite of a rare sight as well.

Down the mountains were several, tiny, yellowish lights. Based from its position, it might've came from the Capital of the vast Shevaria Territory.

So some people start to work this early...

After I had that in mind, I gazed back at the sun that rose upwards, bit by bit.

Morning. The very start of a day.

Starting from this day, there will surely be changes in my environment. And there will be no option like going back now.

Thinking that, my left arm wavered. But then, I grasped it with my right hand and stopped its shaking.

Perhaps, the fact that I was currently powerless made me feel scared

Perhaps, the fact that I was currently powerless made me feel scared. After all, I was unaware of what might happen sooner or later. For me, this place was just too dangerous.

Guess, it's time for me to boost up my strength. Also.....

"......."

I carefully pondered while I rubbed my chin, then added.

"Since I got him involved, I might as well make use of him, right?"