Chapter 121

Chapter 121: Seizure

Thinking it back now, I sort of found things pointless that I had myself learn of swordsmanship skills when I'd usually wear dresses at parties like this.

It was a matter of fact that I only attended these events once in a while, but if I had known the inconvenience in advance, I would've also encouraged myself to learn how to use daggers at brawls that come in emergencies. It could've been much convenient too since it could be easily hidden inside dresses.

That bastard of an Emperor can sure be a coward as well. I thought as I recalled how he didn't bother to establish a rule where women could also have their own rights at even a portion of men's work.

I could imagine how he would reply like he was just being a cautious person, despite the fact that he would occasionally let loose a selected few of the traitors to the Imperial Family for the sake of his amusement.

As I had such thoughts, I made haste along the road to the chambers of the Imperial Physician.

Whether it was a miracle or not, I got to sneak through the hallways at ease due to the lack of security at this part, probably because most of their attentions were diverted to the scene back at the venue. It was about time that they realized the death of the culprit after falling down the upper floor's balcony, at the same setting after all.

The proof was that I only got to cross paths with two groups of a double or so, patrolling around the area where I've already passed by.

There was a need for me to hide myself from their sight since it'd become a huge mess when they'd end up misunderstanding the innocence in the course of action that I chose to take. Even if I was but another woman, the figure of me holding a sword could naturally mislead the security's thoughts about myself, specially during the middle of this disturbance.

Thus, it was better to be careful than nothing.

"Hm?"

While I was about to take another step to turn right so I could follow the one-way passage, I saw a man lying down the cold floor, affixed in a posture like he's been hit from behind right on the nape considering that there wasn't any sort of injured parts such as his head, etc.

A manservant's uniform......

I bore doubts toward the fact that it was the same case, based on the information that I had in myself.

Ripping a part of my dress to cover my face from the nose down to the chin, I dwelled closer with my guards up and with my mind revolving around the possibility that this man was just acting like he's fainted and that he could be an accomplice in terms of the current incident.

And with that in mind...

*CRACK*

I swiftly pierced my sword with a certain amount of strength down the floor, engraving a small split that also snipped out a tiny portion of the lying man's hair.

That's right. I aimed it precisely a centimeter or two beside his head to test his status as soon as I reached his point. But that enough didn't satisfy my rotten curiosity.

"From here on, I'll start counting to five. If you don't stop pretending to be unconscious within that limited time, I won't hesitate to step my heeled shoes over this pretty right hand of yours.", I've whispered my conditions as I pulled out the sword that I stabbed on the floor.

"Don't you take my words lightly. I was never a person that was good at telling jokes, you see.", I added with a smirk and soon began counting.

"Now, here I go-"