Chapter 20

Chapter 20: Distraction♦

Why does he need to be the one to come instead of the Duke?... I thought while staring at Lucian with a somewhat annoyed expression.

Then, I sighed, coming up with a conclusion that expectations shouldn't be held up high since it's treacherous.

"Why did you come here?", I asked as I stopped my goody-ass acting.

"I just wondered why you were here all alone. Where's father?"

"How would I even know that? And for your information, I've been waiting for his arrival all this time you know. Are you gonna laugh at me now?", I uttered, being straight to the point of the things that Lucian would possibly do.

I was already aware of how this brat would act just to make me feel bad. And it's not like I don't feel irritated about it anymore.

I just didn't feel like lashing my anger to him. Because if I do, then that could only mean that I would be a cheap person that could be easily pissed off by a ten-year-old kid. Furthermore, I might do something overboard to him based from my own methods which were mostly connected to violence if I were to punish him.

Though I get sadistic sometimes, I'm not that much of a sadistic person that could abuse children for pleasure. That's why, I let him off the hook for now.

And what do I mean by 'for now', you ask? It means as it is.

I'll let this pass for now, but not anymore when he become an adult. But, that is when he still continue this bullying though.

Even if I feel like repaying his kindness, he's still Wendell's son. And I don't feel like getting scolded by the Duke for any longer. It's tiring, after all.

However, that will never ever change the fact that I can't bring myself to forgive him for his sins in my past life or even at present.

"Why would I laugh at you?"

"Oh, so you're gonna ask me the obvious now?", I answered with a question.

It's impossible that he doesn't know why I said that he would laugh at me based from what he has done up until this point, no? If not, it would be utterly ridiculous.

"I'm not going to laugh at you, okay?"

"......."

Now this was very unthinkable. I thought, being unable to respond because of the unexpected twist of events.

Honestly, my jaw dropped for a second there. After all, I was sure that he would've sarcastically made fun of me after that.

As my mind was emptied because of that, I said, shifting my gaze away.

"If that's all, then why don't you go away already?"

"You-... You've really changed, haven't you?", he said, piquing my interest.

"...What do you mean by that?"

"I mean... you were always quiet even when I often did bad things to you. So... I kinda got angry thinking that you've been ignoring me on purpose....."

"Hmm..... So you know that you've done wrong things and yet you still continued to do it."

"T-that is...! I-.....!!", he brokenly said then whispered,

".........rry."

"What?", I asked, being unable to clearly perceive what he just said.

"I-....... I said, I'm sorry!", he said with a loud voice.

That moment, I couldn't guess whether he really tried to be sincere as he apologized to me or not. Nevertheless...

He's blushing............. I thought while I watched his cheeks get red as he avoided to meet my gaze.

But changing my main focus, I thought,

T-this is...! The one that the Duchess and I used to adore whenever we discussed about romance novels!

A Tsundere Character!!

From the point that I had that kind of realization, my eyes twinkled with shining effects in it as I stared at Lucian with a sense of admiration.

Thereafter, I was too late to know...

That my hardcore fan switch has been flicked.

"Hmm... So you just wanted my attention all this time.~", I phrased with a smug and a plan in mind.

"I-it's not like that!"

"So... brother hates Melissa?"

"T-that's not what I meant...!"

Just then, I had a confirmation... that without a doubt-

He's a Tsunderee!!!!!! I screamed internally with the tears of joy that flowed down my masculine expression.

Oh... Dear Lord! You have my greatest gratitude for granting me this kind of brother!

While I had that in mind with the excitement that I felt, I, without knowing what I have been doing, have already hugged the embarrassed Lucian in my arms and told him that I already forgave him sincerely.

He's just soo cuuuttee!!!! Whatever it is, I forgive him!!!! Period!!!!!

[•Melissa• Has now forgotten that she said she wouldn't forgive Lucian that easily•]

Until..... the dusk has ended when I completely forgot my main objective. As well as I finally realized what I have done.

"H-how could I...!", I uttered while I sat on top of my bed, cringing.

I came back to my room with utter defeat... or maybe not...?

While I hesitated, either of my angelic or demonic personalities started to have a debate.

And so I continued to evaluate things with those two in my imaginations.

"You've made a grave mistake, Melissa.", said, my evil side, glaring at me.

"C'mon! There was no choice back there, right? It was a definite that we couldn't win against Lucian's cuteness that time!", protested, the one that sided with the light.

"You must be a fool then to lose that easily. How could you forgive that bastard so easily, knowing what he has done to us in our past life? You completely lost our main objective at that, all for him! This was basically a meritless bullsh*t!"

Perceiving that the dark one made a point, I felt very guilty. And that resulted the scale to make an unbalanced figure as it got heavier by the evil's side. However, the debate still continued.

"You've made a mistake from your words, oh great dark one."

"What'd you say...?!"

After that, the angel grinned and gave the devil a reply that gradually made things feel convincing, with confidence.

"We grasped one merit, didn't we? And that is-"

Before the angel finished her sentence, the evil one had a gulp in preparation for what was about to get stated.

"We tamed a tsundere-type big brother due to this reconciliation!"

After that, the devil has become speechless. Until the scale has undeniably been balanced even if it changed that way at a slow pace.

Then blushing after an intentional cough, the devil said,

"Well, you've made a point there. Furthermore, the worst mistreatment before we came back in time was most likely based from Helen's suggestion, so we can be rest assured now that that maid has been sent away.", she concluded, not being able to deny her hardcore fan side since she was also me.

And with that, the two agreed with each other while they stretched their fists upward, as a sign of the debate, having a resolution and meeting its ending.