7.7

12 Grimmald Place. Sirius's family home. He left it to us when he died, and it's concealed with the most powerful protective enchantments. Dumbledore did it himself back in our fourth year.

The gas lamps spring to life, illuminating a narrow cobwebbed hallway. We glance about, then Harry takes a step forward.

"Severus Snape?" A deep, frightening voice echos.

"Mad-Eye...?"  Harry questions, confused.

Just then a great rush of cold air sweeps through the hallway and our tongues curl back in our mouths. Some thing shifts in the shadows at the end of the hall, rising from the carpet, tall, dust-colored and terrible- looking, then rushes toward us. It's Dumbledore, but a ghostly, worm-eaten Dumbledore, a corpse come to life, with empty eye sockets and sunken face. It raises its wand and then... explodes in a great cloud of dust, swirling like mist in the corridor, drifting back to the carpet.

"What was that about?" Ron asks, still clutching not Hermione.

"Mad-eye's doing, I'd guess. In case Snape decided to come snooping." Hermione informs us, Ron then removes his hold on her.

Just then, a floorboard creaks. We stiffen. Slowly, I draw my wand, peering into the shadows.

"Homenum revelio." Nothing. I lower my wand. "It's a spell to reveal human presence." I extend my hand, watching the settling dust stream through my fingers. "We're alone."

The four of us cautiously make our way into the home. Setting our things down in the living room, we each take a seat. My gaze shifts to every corner of the room, just in case.

"Well I'm starved." Ron states. Hermione looks to him, then to Harry and I.

"I could eat, too."

I smile. "We never did get our cappuccinos."

Harry gets up from his seated position. "I'll go see what I can find in the kitchen."

He comes back with a few rolls in hand and cups of water.

"It's not much, but it's something." He hands out the food and drinks to Hermione, Ron, and I. We smile in thanks.

As we sit in silence, my mind is reeling. I'm worried about everyone I care about. I hope everyone's alright. I hope Freds alright......

I look over and see the three others looking exhausted. They can barely keep their eyes open.

"Get some sleep." I instruct my friends. "I'll be up a bit, so I'll keep an eye out for anything."

"Mia, are you sure?" Harry asks me.

"Harry, I'll be fine." I tell him. "I can see the drowsiness in your eyes. Get some sleep, please."

He nods and makes a bed out of pillows and blankets on the floor while Ron and Hermione cuddle together on the couch. I smile at them, knowing how long Hermione has been waiting for that to happen.

I sit in a chair near the window, wrapped in a blanket. Watching every civilian pass by, knowing they are unable to see where we are. I can't help but think that they have it easy.

Muggles go about their lives without a clue as to what's going on. They get up every morning, go to work, spend time with loved ones, and go to bed. Then get up the next morning to do it all over again. I wonder what it would be like to not have a care in the world.

It must be nice not having a raving lunatic hunting you down at all hours.

Then I hear a rustle in the kitchen. My senses perk up and I grab my wand. Slowly making my way towards the noise, I turn the corner, wand in hand, ready to cast. But what I see, is not threat to us.