5.5

"Padfoot. Are you barking mad?" Moody mutters to the big black dog as were walking through Kings Cross Station towards our platform. "You'll blow the entire operation."

Harry, Sirius, and I go into a separate waiting room that is completely empty while Moody guards the door.

"Sirius, what are you doing here? If somebody sees you..." I start to say as he changes back into his human form.

"I had to see you both off, didn't I? What's life without a little risk?" He smiles at us brightly.

"We don't wanna see you get chucked back in Azkaban." Harry tells him as he guides us to a bench and we all take a seat.

"Don't worry about me." He takes out a photo. "Anyway, I wanted you two to have this." He hands us the picture. It has over a dozen wizards and witches all standing in a group. "Original Order of the Phoenix." He points to a young woman. "Marlene McKinnon. She was killed two weeks after this was taken. Voldemort wiped out her entire family." Then he points to a couple. "Frank and Alice Longbottom."

"Neville's parents." I mutter.

"They suffered a fate worse than death, you ask me." He takes in a deep breath. "It's been 14 years. And still a day doesn't go by I don't miss your dad."

"Do you really think there's going to be a war, Sirius?" I ask him. Not sure if I want to know the answer.

"It feels like it did before." Harry moves to hand the picture back to him. "You keep it." He smiles and Harry gives it to me to put in my bag for safe keeping. "Anyway, I suppose you're the young ones now."

We give Sirius a hug and head for Platform 9 ¾. Ron, Hermione, Harry, Ginny, Neville, and I find a compartment for ourselves. We settle in.

"Strange, going back, isn't it?" Harry asks.

"Let's hope it's a normal year." Ron mutters. "And nothing bad happens."

"I wonder who Dumbledore's hires to be the new DADA teacher." Ginny says.

"Hopefully it's someone good. Like Professor Lupin." Hermione says. "And not a nutter or an incompetent teacher."

"I reckon it'll be a good one." Neville adds, trying to be included in the conversation. Then Harry looks to me.

"Are you alright?" He asks. "Your very quiet."

"I'm fine." I say, giving them all a smile. Then they carry on their conversation. I drown them out as I look out the window. Flashes of my last year at Hogwarts plays through my head. The tasks, each one more challenging then the last, that awful night in the graveyard, and Cedric.

I remember the good times we shared when we weren't thinking about the tournament. Like the night of the Yule Ball. When he asked me to be his girlfriend.

"Would you like to tell me what was going on with you and Hermione back there?" He asks me.

"Just a stupid boy, saying stupid things, and acting... stupid."

"Anyone I know? I can knock them around a bit." He puts his fists in the air and punches out in front of him. I laugh.

"No, there's no need." I say, smiling up at him. "He just thinks you're too old for me and only trying to use me for.... well, for lack of a better word, sex."

"Oh." He says, stopping in his tracks. "Is that what Harry thinks?"

"No, no. It wasn't Harry. It was Ron." I say.

"Ron. Ron Weasley?"

"Yeah, but I don't think he really meant it towards me. You see, there's kind of this unspoken thing between him and Hermione. He was trying to get under her skin, but I got dragged down as well." I try to explain.