4.15

"Harry, Mia, you told me you'd figured the egg out weeks ago. The task is two days from now." Hermione tells us as we stand, talking in the bridge.

"Really? We had no idea." I say to her with a hint of sarcasm.

"I suppose Viktor already figured it out." Harry says.

"I wouldn't know, we didn't actually talk about the tournament. Actually we didn't really talk at all, Viktor's
more of a physical being." We laugh at her statement. "I just mean he's not particularly... Mostly he watches me study. It's a bit annoying actually. You are trying to figure this egg out aren't you?"

"What's that suppose to mean?" Harry asks her.

"These tasks are supposed to test you in the most brutal way. They're almost cruel. And I'm scared for you. For both of you." She looks to me. "You got by the dragon mostly in nerve, but I'm not sure it's going to be enough this time."

"Thanks for that, Hermione." I tell her and she smiles apologetically.

"I just mean you need to be prepared."

"We're working intensively that." Harry says and then Cedric walks up to us.

"Hey, Mia?" He says. I turn to the others.

"I'll see you both later." They nod and begin to walk back towards the castle. "Hi." I smile.

"Hey, I just realized I never thanked you properly for tipping me off about the dragons. In the first task."

"Oh, it's no problem. I'm sure you would have done the same for me."

"Exactly." He smirks. "Tell me, have you or your brother figured out the clue yet? From the golden egg?"

"As a matter of fact, we haven't. Why?" I question.

"Take it to the prefects bathroom. On the fifth floor."

"And why would I do that?"

"It's a spectacular place to have a bath."

"Cedric Diggory, are you asking to take a bath with me?" I ask playfully.

"No, no of course not." He smiles. "But take your brother with you. And bring the egg."

"So let me get this straight. You don't want to take a bath with me, but you want me to take one with my twin brother?" He nods. "Okay, got it."

"Just, trust me." He says and then wraps his arms around me and gives me a quick kiss. "Although, I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of you and I, in a massive bath tub, and loads of bubbles."

I smile and kiss him again.

—————————————————————————

Harry and I sneak off to the fifth floor. With our swimming suits and golden eggs in hand. When we reach the bathroom we see a tub the size of a swimming pool. Turning on the water and then adding the bubbles, we set our things to the side. Dipping our toes in to check the temperature, we then jump in.

Going up to the edge of the bath, we look at our golden eggs. I look to my brother. "We must be out of our minds."

I then unlatch the top of mine and it opens up. The loud screeching fills our ears and I quickly close it back up.

"Yeah, we're definitely out of our minds." Harry mutters and slams his hands in the water out of frustration, splashing me in the face. "You're sure Cedric told you to bring the egg here."

"Yes, Harry. I think I know what my own boyfriend says." I exclaim. He looks to me.

"Boyfriend?"

"What?" I say with wide eyes.

"You just said Cedric was your boyfriend."

"No I didn't."

"Yes you did, I heard you." He starts. "You're telling me, as we sit in this bath, that you're actually dating-"

I put my hands up, stopping him. I think of why Cedric would have us bring the eggs to the bath. He couldn't have meant to just open them in the bathroom and then we'd know the clue. Then it hits me.

"We have to put it in the water." I tell my brother.

"What?"

"The egg! We'll be able to hear the clue if it's under water!" I say, grabbing the golden egg and setting it under the water. I take in a deep breath and sink my head below the surface. Harry follows suit. When both of our heads are under, i unlatch it again.

Come seek us where our voices sound
We cannot sing above the ground
An hour long you'll have to look
To recover what we took

As it finishes we pop our heads back up, gasping for air.

"The Black Lake. That's the second task." I say. And his eyes wonder to a stain glass window with a mermaid on it.

"Mia, are there mer-people in the Black Lake?"

"Yes Harry. Yes there are."

—————————————————————————

Harry, Hermione, Ron, and I sit in the library. Trying to figure out the riddle and how we're going to compete in the second task.

"Tell me again." Hermione says. Harry sighs out.

"Come seek us where our voices sound."

"The black lake, that's obvious." Hermione looks to me and I nod.

"An hour long you'll have to look." Harry goes on for what seems to be the hundredth time.

"Again obvious, though I must admit, potentially problematic."

"Potentially problematic?" I question her. "When was the last time you had to hold your breath under water for an hour Hermione?"

"Look, Harry and Mia. We can do this. The four of us can figure this out." As she finishes speaking, Moody walks up to us.

"Hate to break up the scholar session, but Professor McGonagall would like to see you in her office." The four of us move to get up. "Not you, Potters. Just Weasley and Granger"

"But sir, the second task is only hours away and..." Hermione starts, but Mad-Eye cuts her off.

"Exactly. And presumable the Potters are well prepared and could do with a good nights rest. Go. Now!" Then he looks at Neville. "Longbottom!"

He peaks his head from around the bookcase.

"Why don't you help the Potters but their books back." Then he turns and leaves. Neville comes up to us and notices the massive amount of Herbology books we have stacked on the desk.

"You know, if you're both interested in plants, you'd be better off with Gorshoks Guide to Herbology. Do you know there's a wizard in Nepal who's growing gravity resistant trees?" He asks.

"Look Neville. I've read it, not a fan. And no offense but we're really not interested in Herbology." I tell him.

"Yeah, unless there's a Tibetan turnip that will allow us to breath under water for an hour, then great." Harry adds.

"I don't know about turnips." He tells us. "But you could always use gilliweed."