2.1

Harry and I lay on our shared bed in a small bedroom. The Dursley's were kind enough to give us one of Dudleys rooms to sleep in, instead of the tiny cupboard under the stairs.

We look at the photo album Hagrid gave us at the end of last term. Photos of our mother and father, with us as babies, and photos of Ron and Hermione fill it.

Then we hear loud squawks from Hedwig and Pepper, our snow owls. We look up at them.

"We can't, Hedwig, Pepper. We're not allowed to use magic outside of school." Harry says to them.

"Besides, if Uncle Vernon -" I begin to add, but am interrupted by our Uncle shouting at us.

"Harry and Amelia Potter!"

"Now you've both done it." I mutter and Harry closes the album and we strut off towards the stairs.

Entering the kitchen, we see Aunt Petunia putting the finishing touches to a cream and sugared violets dessert. She points the living room with a glare and we look to see a furious, round man fixing his sons bow tie.

"I warned you two. If you can't control those bloody birds, they'll have to go." Our uncle tells us.

"They're bored. If we could only let them out for an hour or two." Harry begs.

"And have you both sending secret messages to your freaky little friends? No, sir."

"But we haven't gotten any messages, from any of our friends. Not one. All summer." I add, looking down.

"Who'd want to be friends with both of you?" Dudley spits at us and walks through Harry and I, bumping into our shoulders as he makes his way towards the kitchen.

"I should think you'd both be more grateful. We raise you since you were a baby, give you food off our table, even let you have Dudley's second bedroom... purely out of the goodness of our hearts."

"I thought they got the second bedroom because Mum was afraid they'd turn us into dung beetles if you put them back in the cupboard under the stairs." Dudley says to his father. I glass at Harry and we smirk at each other.

"That wouldn't be a bad idea." I whisper to my brother. I look over and see Dudley extend a finger for the dessert on the counter. Aunt Petunia swats it away.

"Not yet, popkin. That's for when the Masons arrive." When she mentions the Masons, Uncle Vernons face lightens and he starts rubbing his palms together.

"Which should be any moment. Now. Let's run through our schedule one more time. Petunia, when the Masons get here, you will be-"

"In the lounge, waiting to welcome them graciously to our home."

"Good. And Dudley?"

"I'll be waiting to open the door."

"Excellent." Then he turns to Harry and I. "And you two?"

"We'll be in our bedroom." Harry states.

"Making no noise and pretending that we don't exist." I add.

"Too right you will. With any luck, this could well be the day I make the biggest deal of my career." The doorbell then rings. Instantly, Uncle Vernon shoves Harry and I out of the kitchen and into the hallway. "Upstairs! Hurry!"

We run up the stairs towards our shared bedroom.

"Maybe if Uncle Vernon makes this deal, he'll use the large bonus to take the family on vacation. Leave us here to fend for ourselves for a week." Harry suggests.

"As wonderful as that would be, I doubt it. Our uncle is rather quite a cheapskate."

Harry laughs and we enter our room. We stop dead in our tracks as we see a tiny creature with bat like ears and bulging green eyes jumping on our bed as if it were a trampoline.