2.2

As Harry and I stand in our room, Uncle Vernon is on a ladder outside our window, screwing in iron bars around it.

"You both are never going back to that school! You're never going to see those freaky friends of yours again! Never!" He yells. Harry and I glare at him as he finishes.

I huff out a groan and throw my hands up in the air as I sit on the bed. "What are we going to do, Harry?"

"I don't know if there's anything we can do."

"We could run away." I suggest. Harry looks at me with a confused face. "I'm serious. We could pack our things, take our wands, and just run away. Never come back!"

"What good will that do?" He asks me, sitting down next to me. "We're not even twelve yet."

"We turn twelve tomorrow, Harry."

"Amelia, we have no money, no plan. What are we just going to live on the streets? Wait until we turn of age and then use magic, at which our knowledge would only be from a first year, and try to fend for ourselves?"

"Anywhere is better than here." I say, turning over in the bed.

—————————————————————————

Harry fell asleep, but I lay awake in the bed, wondering what I ever did to deserve the life I got. Then I look to Harry. The life we got.

As my mind wanders, I start to hear a faint engine sound, getting closer and closer. Then I notice lights shining on our bedroom walls, that definitely weren't there before. I sit up in the bed, and Harry stirs awake.

"What? What is it?" He says groggily, as he puts on his glasses. Before I can answer, he notices the sound and lights as well. We move to get off of the bed and peer out of the window. Our eyes widen at the sight.

"Is that a... car?" I question, noticing the headlights getting closer and closer and then turn so that we can see the driver and the passengers.

"Hiya, Harry! Hi, Amelia!" Ron says. Ron is sitting in the back seat with Fred and George in the front, with Fred driving.

"Ron! Fred. George. What are you all doing here?" Harry asks with a smile.

"Rescuing both of you, of course. Now come on. Get your trunks!"

We rush around the room, packing everything we think we might need into our trunks. As we finish, Ron puts a metal hook on one of the iron bars.

"You both better stand back!" He says, then turns to his brothers. "Let's go!"

They drive the car forwards at full speed, ripping the iron bars from their screws, dropping to the ground, along with most of our window.

"Well that's one way to do it." I mutter to Harry and he smiles. We grab our trunks as they move the car closer to the window. We stuff our trunks in the back and move to grab Hedwig and Pepper. Then, I hear the locks on our door being done.

We shove our birds at Ron and he takes them quickly, almost dropping Pepper.

"If you kill my bird, Ronald, I will hex you." I glare at him and Harry moves to get in the car. As I step up on to the desk to try and get in the car too, the door flings open and I hear my uncle behind me.

"Petunia! They're escaping!"

He funds after me and I lunge into the car, almost falling out as Uncle Vernon grabs ahold of my foot.

Harry and Ron grab onto me.

"Don't worry, Mia! We've got you!" Harry says.

"Let go of me!" I yell to my uncle.

"Oh no, girl! You and your brother and your bloody pilgrims aren't going anywhere!"

I kick my feet, trying to get out from his grasp. "Get off!"

"Drive!" Ron instructs his brother.

"Right." Fred says, flooring the pedal.

I almost fall out of the car, but Harry and Ron manage time pull me back up. Uncle Vernon finally loses his grip and falls out the window.

He screams as he lands in the bushes below. I settle into my seat and look at Harry and Ron with a smile.

"That could've gone worse." I tell them. They just laugh and Fred and George join in.

"Yes, because you're uncle falling out the window was best case scenario!" George jokes.

"He'll be fine." Harry says.

"He has plenty of cushion on his body." I add.

We drive off, away from number 4 Privet Drive. Then Ron looks to Harry and I.

"By the way, guys. Happy Birthday!"